Construction Site Bottles

okpych

May 26, 2017
Lowcountry of South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was driving by in a small town and saw that a construction crew had dug up the ground on both sides of a building. Got out of the car and walked to it and saw glass and bottles poking out.. Asked the gentleman who was working on the roof at the time if I could poke around and he said help yourself.. Here's the takeaway.

Nothing huge.. just some common medicines and blank corks.. Nothing older than the 20's I reckon. (Excuse my curious cat's tail :laughing7:)
FullSizeRender.jpg

I did find this heart breaker though: 1915 Coke from Emporia, VA, completely demolished.
IMG_0388.JPG

Here is a picture of the site I was hunting.. You could imagine after an hour and a half of digging, the heat was unbearable. We had to call it quits.
IMG_0325.JPG

GL and HH,
Ryan

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm just south of ya and I heard that about the humidity. It does not take very long before you look like a lawn sprinkler these days.

You are up there in a good area so it will not be long before you stumble into some really old stuff.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those 1915s. You'll have to get out there at first light or after supper to stand a chance, 'cause it sure gets hot during the day now. I know this ol' goat can't take it like he used to. Maybe something else will pop up, 'cause that dirt looks promising. Good luck!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great opportunity! Nice score.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye, maybe you'll get some rain in the next day or 2. If so, it will wash the dirt off if more glass. Good luck to you

OP
OP
okpych

okpych

May 26, 2017
Lowcountry of South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just south of ya and I heard that about the humidity. It does not take very long before you look like a lawn sprinkler these days.

You are up there in a good area so it will not be long before you stumble into some really old stuff.

You are definitely right!! Even in the mornings in SC, its already 80-85 degrees nowadays.

Unfortunately, I was driving by on the way back from a trip to VA, so sadly I wont be able to dig it again.

Love those 1915s. You'll have to get out there at first light or after supper to stand a chance, 'cause it sure gets hot during the day now. I know this ol' goat can't take it like he used to. Maybe something else will pop up, 'cause that dirt looks promising. Good luck!

1915 Coca-Cola bottles are probably my favorite! I'm hoping one of these days I'll be able to get one that's whole.

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice.... lots of Carolina boy's here in the glass forum (my favorite forum).

Most of my scores came from construction sites back in the day... now it seems ridiculous trying to ask on a site if you don't "know someone". Even then, people have gotten really weird and greedy here in town... one guy say's yes then another shows up, freaks out, starts yelling.... and ends up bout gettin hit in the face with a shovel. :hello:

Good finds, rewards for taking the time to try and at least ask.

Cheers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions