🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i was digging in a bottle dump today i found these the blue bottle was cool help on date the seam runs from the bottom to the neck of the bottle. the other bottle i a medical bottle i'm guessing 30's thanks for looking P1090947.JPG P1090948.JPG P1090942.JPG P1090941.JPG

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. The cobalt blue one is blown, I'd say 1905ish. The other, though it looks like a 'cork top', probably had a rubber seal and a metal cap thing fixed around it, and you would stick a syringe needle through the rubber and draw out the medicine inside - this permanent seal kept things sterile, prevented anything other than a needle from getting in. I find a lot of these digging. These bottles were used for medicine for animals and humans both. Antibiotics, insulin, and whatever else. So, although it looks like a cork top and makes you think it's old, that '51' number on the bottom might not be that far off, as far as a date goes. I've found these in 40s, 50s, and even 60s dumps.

NJ

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Neat bottles gold boy! I got some information (below) from this website: https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks/

Neutraglas………….Kimble Glass Company, Vineland, New Jersey (1905-to date). Relatively recent trademark used on their borosilicate glass for scientific, pharmaceutical & industrial applications. Now known as Kimble/Kontes.

K in a hexagon………….Kimble Glass Company, Vineland, New Jersey (1905-to date). Plant was purchased by Owens-Illinois in 1946. Kimble acquired Kontes Glass Company to form Kimble/Kontes circa 1982. Now known as Kimble Chase Inc. (after 2007), a subsidiary of the Gerresheimer Group, Dusseldorf, Germany. The K-in-a-hexagon mark was first used beginning in 1947, according to U.S. Patent and Trademark records, and the last re-issue was in 1990…….no ending year date is given. Most (if not all) recent glassware (specialty laboratory glassware such as beakers) made by Kimble Chase may carry a plain K instead of a K inside a hexagon. (See “K” entries).

A…………………The letter “A” is sometimes merely a mold letter (identifying a particular mold used by a glass factory). If it is an abbreviation for a glass factory, it could stand for one of several companies. One possibility: Agnew & Company, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (c.1854-1894+). See “A & CO.” mark. Another possibility would be Adams & Company, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (1861-1891). Originally Adams, Macklin & Company (1851-1861), they did manufacture at least one type of fruit jar circa 1866, lettered “Adams & Co./Manufacturers/Pittsburgh,Pa.” on the front. However, the great bulk of their glass production seems to have been pressed pattern glass and high-quality tableware and novelties, especially throughout the later years of their operation. In 1891, they joined the merger known as the United States Glass Company. Note: If the bottle is machine-made, the letter “A” would indicate a much more recent company, perhaps Arkansas Glass Container Corporation, Jonesboro, Arkansas (1948-to date). See “A.G.C. in state of Arkansas”.

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for the ID i thought the cobalt bottle was old since i found it at a old syrup mill you never know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread