s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Newbie here

Thought I would share my first thread with last weeks find on my Great grandparents property in WV.
My dad says great grand pap didn't drink coffee as it was to expensive so now I have a mystery on my hands.
Great grandpa had a griss mill in the area where it was found and im wondering if it was used for other purposes.
Either way thought it neat to share along with an advertisement from back then.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 180

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Geesh! You ID'd your own find? That's not fair. LOL. :laughing7: My husband's grandmother reused alot of her jars for whatever, so for me, it's hard to say.

Nice find.

OP
OP
s2ndjetli

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Wright, yeah that was kinda stupid on my part but I DO have a question for you all..lol. I know the "ultra vac" jars with the resealable lid had ultra-vac inscribed under the name DuraGlass but I was told some did not. Mine doesnt and in the paper ad I have i dont see it but in others I have. I have researched and I have studied Owens Illinois glass company extensively and WOW, talk about complicated, but I only came up with a basis of what a date for my jar could be. Im wondering if anyone could shed light on this ?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Wright, yeah that was kinda stupid on my part but I DO have a question for you all..lol. I know the "ultra vac" jars with the resealable lid had ultra-vac inscribed under the name DuraGlass but I was told some did not. Mine doesnt and in the paper ad I have i dont see it but in others I have. I have researched and I have studied Owens Illinois glass company extensively and WOW, talk about complicated, but I only came up with a basis of what a date for my jar could be. Im wondering if anyone could shed light on this ?

That's not stupid. LOL. I was just joking with you.

I hope someone chimes in to help you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread