Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thought I would throw these up for yall. Most of them are fairly common as insulators go but they hold significance for me as they were found by my brother and I over 50 years ago on one of our many expeditions into the wilds (then) of central Florida. We hauled them over 3 miles through woods in the summer heat in burlap bags while the horse flies had us but we were ecstatic with our treasures. Not shown are about a dozen that were casualties of the burlap bag journey but I will probably use those for an outdoors display. I just recently rediscovered them in my father's garage where my folks had lovingly packed them (and a butt load of early 1900s bottles) away for safe keeping.

Shown are before and after pics of soaking them in BKF for a few days then scrubbing them down with Mr. Clean erasers. A few had to be soaked in full strength Muriatic acid to remove some tannish patches of crud on them. A few will go into my bottle tumbler to remove some minor sickness.

Currently researching a project to mount them on 7/8 clear tubing with LED lights inside as a display.

InsClD1.jpg
InsClC1.jpg
InsCD1.jpg
InsCC1.jpg
InsCS1.jpg

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like they cleaned up real nice . The story behind those insulators is where the value is .If you get them on your display show a picture of how it turns out .

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection of insulators. If/when you get the display put together be sure and show us the end result

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love those old insulators. I always thought of making a chandelier out of some. Or even single ones with an L.E.D. to make pendant lights.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread