Itsmine

Apr 14, 2012
New Lenox, Il.
Detector(s) used
Garrets Coin Comander 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cough Syrup Label.jpg
I had seen this on face book and I thought I would post it here for a little fun. Look carefully at the ingredients and you'll understand why you'll only need to take it for one night.....lol. That's right it's alcohol, cannabis, chloroform, and morphine.....Ah, the good old days......lmao....

Last edited:

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you want? I am sure this helps you to get a good nights sleep! :laughing7:

Most of the patent medicines in the late 19th / early 20th century were laden with opium, morphium cannabis and cocaine. In fact, it was their only useful ingredient. Coca Cola was w/ real coca leave extract once (you got something for your money back than!) and "nervous" ladies took a glass of Cocaine Wine to keep up. I think I once read that Queen Vic had menstrual cramps and used it liberally.

I would keep that as good laughing piece....

Greets Namxat

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, at least it has less than 1% alcohol.
You can't be too careful these days.
It's kinda like a cross between Mrs. Winslow's Soothing Syrup, and Piso's

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, at least it has less than 1% alcohol.
You can't be too careful these days.
It's kinda like a cross between Mrs. Winslow's Soothing Syrup, and Piso's

A friend of mine is an MD / General practiioner and told me that the freely available tonics and medical herbs tinctures play a certain role in senior citizen "hidden alcoholism", . A nearly 80 year widow lady was had bad liver values,questioned she freely admitted to one bottle white wine per day +when visitors came cognac and other hard stuff. She vindicated her herself that she was an innkeepers daughter and had kept the same in also for 40 years. "I am used to something, doc".

Doc raises eyebrows and had a word with her to stop it, she is elderly "the body is not the same you had with 30ys". Lady promises to stop.

Next visitin the nursing home: Staff tell him that this lady now doesnt sleep so well and has turned from one of the jolliest inmates into a nasty b..h. Well, normal withdrawal thinks the doc cant tell the stuaff about it of course.

Still the next visit, Lady is up and well again. Her Grandaugher brought her St. Johns Wort tincture which she takes liberally. Doctor demands to see bottle: 60%. Ahh well ...as he told me after a while he lied to the good widow that her liver is better now and she can drink wine again. He thought if she is gioong to drink she could as well enjoy it. Also she is now nearly 90 ... with still bad liver values.

Greets namxat

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You'll have to kiss a birddogs butt to get the taste outa your mouth.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol chloroform

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread