Help With Antique West Point Military Vase Please

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
This only says USA on the Bottom, Nothing on the Back.

I'm interested in the approximate age if anyone knows. My Mothers cousin and his son both attended West Point....So I don't know which era it was.

Thank You!

Kace

IMG_2881.PNG

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I am no help on this Kace, just wanted to say that is quite an honor to have a cousin and his son both attend West Point. Nice vase, I love the design and colors.

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I am no help on this Kace, just wanted to say that is quite an honor to have a cousin and his son both attend West Point. Nice vase, I love the design and colors.

Thank You Simon! I've kept it prominently displayed in a case with other family members military items since they have both passed on. I think what they did after West Point was pretty amazing too.

Hopefully there's some West Point members here that can ID which era it came from.

The patina along with the hand painting and the gold leaf leads me to believe it is from the fathers era...but I could be wrong. 50/50 I guess.

Thinking about it...I suppose it really doesn't matter which one it came from, I'm not looking to sell it...just curious.

Kace

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Has a 1920-30 vibe to it, maybe a bit earlier based on the gold paint highlights which match similar stuff that I own from that same era.

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Has a 1920-30 vibe to it, maybe a bit earlier based on the gold paint highlights which match similar stuff that I own from that same era.

Thank You EP!...I'm going to post a few bottles soon and hopefully you'll see them and be able to help ID them if you don't mind! None from New Jersey Yet...If I would happen to find one, I'll let you know. The prohibition sites I hunt, I sometimes find things from New York since most folks came here from there.

Kace

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great piece Kace good that you value those items.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
[email protected]

Try these folks, found some stuff back in the 90s, took picture and wrote them a letter with the pictures. Back then it only took about 2 weeks to get an answer. Now we have email.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread