Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0723.jpg

With a painters marker, one can make the embossing on bottles pop, and easily readable. It wipes off easily with nail polish remover.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Doing the top ones soon as well as a touch up or two on one or two on the bottom....

$1 (1)a111111a12a 2 gal1.jpg

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it...

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To each their own, i like em natural. Nice and cleanly done though:icon_thumleft:

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
So.... that's what I've been seeing lately. I'm with Tpmetal on this one.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd choose natural every time, but at least you guys did a good job, and white is definitely the only way to go. I once saw this red Crayola washable marker slop job on a green/aqua bottle, which was ugly to say the least!

Hey Rusty, did you find all of those CW relics? I like your display, especially the battlefield look with the moss/grass, don't think I've seen that before. Very nice!

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd choose natural every time, but at least you guys did a good job, and white is definitely the only way to go. I once saw this red Crayola washable marker slop job on a green/aqua bottle, which was ugly to say the least!

Hey Rusty, did you find all of those CW relics? I like your display, especially the battlefield look with the moss/grass, don't think I've seen that before. Very nice!

My dad found the stuff from Chancellorsville, but the other relics come from battlefield area personal collections. The stuff on the top shelf is from Gettysburg, most of it from the Rosensteel collection, followed by finds from local relic hunters on the outskirts. I've found several bullets and some shrapnel on the Jeffersonton battlefield before, but those are un-pictured.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Natural is great when they are lit from the back, but when they aren't you can't tell one bottle from another at a distance....

$1 1aa1a1aa1aaaaaaaaaaa11111.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look good my friend Nice collection you got there I found an old bottle dump just dont know what to keep lots of smaller bottles

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Think the bottles look great although when selling buyers seem to like bottles in their natural state. I think it's easier to judge weak embossing without paint.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread