Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug these 3 Cokes bottles today. 2 are embossed with Savannah, GA and the other is just bottom script embossed Coke. All 3 are different though. Anyone know what the difference is between each one?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1590716598.367118.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1590716606.720279.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1590716614.524098.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1590716624.173729.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1590716632.074618.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1590716644.258689.jpg

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great collectible cokes. If they had my town's name on them, they would be worth some bucks. It's all about the name when it comes to value. Hope yours has the same local interest.

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great collectible cokes. If they had my town's name on them, they would be worth some bucks. It's all about the name when it comes to value. Hope yours has the same local interest.

Yes, the one with Savannah, GA are very desirable. I’m not sure about the one that has no town name embossed. I’m having a hard time finding examples of this type of bottom script embossed without a city name embossed? Thanks for your input.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds there are many collectors who would love those

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've probably heard of it, but here are a couple of pictures of the yellow Savannah SS Coke. I wish that I had gotten better pictures of it. I handled it as one of the judges at the Augusta FOHBC show last year, so it wasn't like I didn't have a chance, but these are the best pictures I could find online. Sweet bottle indeed.

sav coke.jpg sav coke1.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool finds, congrats! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've probably heard of it, but here are a couple of pictures of the yellow Savannah SS Coke. I wish that I had gotten better pictures of it. I handled it as one of the judges at the Augusta FOHBC show last year, so it wasn't like I didn't have a chance, but these are the best pictures I could find online. Sweet bottle indeed.

View attachment 1838047 View attachment 1838048

Incredible bottle!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Straight sided Cokes are the best! All the best soda bottles down South!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Straight sided Cokes are the best! All the best soda bottles down South!

That is such a nice thing to say, coming from a Big Appler! Can I ask what brought about such a remark, because NYC has some tremendous bottles itself, such as the Biningers, the Lynch & Clarkes, the Rushton & Aspinwalls, and on and on. Just curious, brother.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is such a nice thing to say, coming from a Big Appler! Can I ask what brought about such a remark, because NYC has some tremendous bottles itself, such as the Biningers, the Lynch & Clarkes, the Rushton & Aspinwalls, and on and on. Just curious, brother.

I just started digging for bottles recently and I have read that the most valuable are found down south because there was much more verity especially among the early soda bottles like Coca-Cola. Also up north I think bottles are more prone to cracking during the cold winters when water gets inside them and freezes, that problem is alot less significant down south where the temperature is warmer so your older bottles are more likely to be found intact. I have found many old bottles with their bottoms cleanly blown out because they froze in the winter. :tongue3:

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet.
Very nice.
Early, rare.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread