maiden voyage of the dry difting trommel.......SUCCESS!!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOOPS!!!--- sifting

ran some heavy loads of combined tiny, medium and large fragments-- sand came out pristine under the screen and all glass went to the tailings end. plan is to make a 45 degree feed hopper to let gravity feed the cylinder. lower speed increases sand yield & cleaner tailings.
IMG_1030.JPG

Tony Beets, call me:laughing9:.... Parker--- stop by with Tyler Mahoney from Down Under--- and we can dicker--- over the licensing contract:laughing7:

my co-CEO spotted a round piece protruding from our virgin paydirt hole-- so we dug it--- this...... IS A BOTTLE
:hello2::icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

IMG_1031.JPG IMG_1032.JPG

also scored 3 more glass stoppers. not bad for half an hour--- then the RAIN HIT:BangHead:

Last edited:

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to see if i could do a better job and spend less money on the same style trommel....then thought why not make two..
both cost me under $35 each to make the large one (second picture) will get a 12 volt dc motor the other has a belt pulley just incase
trommel.png 2020-07-26 002.JPG

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with Frank digging and me on the crank, the bottle count will soar over the current total of 99 winners. now we appear to have 3 trommels :hello2:-- this is what ya get when 2 old dudes get a plan-=-- we just gotta make changes & learn how to get more gooder at bigly winning---

eat yer heart out Tony Beets--- they were cheap to build and not as ugly as your wife & daughter. if anyone needs broken glass ---- we can sell you aboooot one yard of our tailings-- tinkle tinkle, broken bottle:laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions