glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday while digging I found another warranted flask at my current digging spot .I have 2 questions One of the four has Registered Flask on the side .The other 3 are embossed with Warranted Flask on the side Was there a difference time wise when they where made/in use And the other question is 2 of the 4 has flat bottoms and the other two have a small indented circle in the bottom Again is that a indication of when they where made /in use Or where both methods used during the same time period Thanks View attachment 1853940 IMG_0828.JPG

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
ghf, this is a very common flask, usually clear or aqua, and I dig brown ones too. And rectangular ones. A real workhorse in the booze trade. I believe the older ones had the round dent in base. Any combination of round/rectangular body, clear/aqua/brown color, bimal flat or round dent, and even abm will be encountered. Often in the same dump. I did see a greenish one long ago. Pics are clear machine made (abm} with label, I guess mid/late twenties. Earliest? I guess after cw, 1870s, but only guessing. I am not sure but I think warranted or registered depended on whatever the glass house decide to use on their bots.
20200804_213237.jpg
20200804_213245.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner Thanks for the info . I did not think they where 150 years old .I am just trying to learn what the time line was for each style .

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd probably put the earliest at 1885 or so. I believe that they were all contemporaneous with each other, Honest, Warranted, Registered, etc. as an attempt to convince the buyer that they were getting their money's worth, volumewise. I've never checked just to see how much any of them held, but they all seem to vary in size, sometimes dramatically.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread