Trying to age this site need some help

tom smith

Sep 12, 2020
Louisville KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett at max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a tip about this site no one has ever dug in this area. This was all on the surface. The straight side coke from Louisville would have been a bucket lister. A slick beer from the 20s it is machine made but a early one. Got a small milk glass jar. A complete MUM mfg co deodorant container with 984 on the top. i found this coin from china i don't know much about it if you have any info i would really apricate it. And the find of the trip would have to be this blown light amber poison with no damage P and D co on the bottom with 2 1/2 i think its hard to tell. It also has some very faint embossing on one side i cant read it. does any one know how old it is?

IMG_0938.jpg IMG_0940.jpg IMG_0931.jpg IMG_0935.jpg IMG_0936.jpg IMG_0932.jpg IMG_0934.jpg IMG_0933.jpg

Thank you
Tom smith

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The poison bottle was made for Parke, Davis & Co of Detroit, Michigan. Although founded in 1866, the partnership didnā€™t adopt the name Parke, Davis (also seen as Parke-Davis) until 1871, and wasnā€™t formally incorporated as ā€œParke, Davis & Companyā€ until 1875ā€¦ so thatā€™s the earliest date for the bottle.

Unfortunately, most of the helpful dating information comes from the labels on the bottles, but generally bottles of this style date from the 1880s through to the very early 1900s. The known labels indicate that they held things such as ā€˜Corrosive Sublimateā€™ (mercuric chloride) and Strychnine Nitrate among other substances. The company went on to become the worldā€™s largest pharmaceutical company and is now a subsidiary of Pfizer.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! Approximately 1910-1925 based on what you've got. No idea about the coin. The faint embossing on the poison is "poison", just didn't fill on that side of the mould.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread