Any actual nuggets found with a BH 4 inch coil?

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanting to know if anybody here has ACTUALLY found any gold nuggets with the Bounty Hunter 4" coil hooked to their machine. I know this coil is supposed to have the ability to locate small to medium gold nuggets in a lab, and in theory, but how does it perform in the field on gold nuggets?

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
While the sticker on the coil says "Gold Nugget Coil", it's the machine itself that is going to detect the gold. I never found any nuggets with mine (mainly because I've never been in an area to dig gold), but I will tell you that I used that more than the standard 8" coil when I was in tot-lots and trashy areas. While you do lose some depth with it, it is fantastic at pickin' through trash and getting into tight spots that would otherwise be impossible to hit with a bigger coil. It's not something you want to hunt a field with, but is more than worth having when you are in close quarters and/or detecting in an area with lots of unwanted "crappe". The price is right too - if you want a 4" for a "Wipe's" or a "Mindslab", you'll pay double what you would for the Bounty Hunter. I bought mine from Kellyco for forty bucks and I'm glad I got it... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread