Fisher 1266 Pro (circa 1995) or Bounty Hunter Tracker IV?

An Ri Rua

Apr 7, 2008
On da money
Detector(s) used
Mermet brass pendulum; Aqua Locator (antique), Luddite Skeptic detector
Hi,

If you had a choice between a new tracker IV or a Fisher 1266 Pro in good condition from 1995, which would you go for, assuming each was of equal value and you were looking for an all-rounder, from coins at 2" to hoards at maybe 2 feet?

If not, what budget all-rounder is good for hoard and cache depth? Is a Garrett GTI1500 much good for that?

Thanks all in advance

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd go with the 1266. At the same price I feel it is more machine than the tracker. I feel that the Fisher will have more depth than the Tracker or Garrett. Just my 2 cents worth.

OP
OP
An Ri Rua

An Ri Rua

Apr 7, 2008
On da money
Detector(s) used
Thanks Slingshot.

Its available locally so I might go for it. Appreciate the input. All other advice n tips appreciated.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
I would go with the 1266. Those things are not easy to come by. I had one and I'm still kicking myself for selling it. Trackers are good, but they are easy to get, so you could always pick one up later. The 1266 will go DEEP .....!! Totally worth it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
An Ri Rua

An Ri Rua

Apr 7, 2008
On da money
Detector(s) used
EddieR said:
I would go with the 1266. Those things are not easy to come by. I had one and I'm still kicking myself for selling it. Trackers are good, but they are easy to get, so you could always pick one up later. The 1266 will go DEEP .....!! Totally worth it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Deep is what I'm looking for! I take your advice fully on the popularity of the Tracker IV. They're well-rated but 2 a penny. This 1266 looks top notch and it has 2 coils. Guy selling it seems to have plumped for a Minelab Quattro afterwards

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
An Ri Rua said:
EddieR said:

Deep is what I'm looking for! I take your advice fully on the popularity of the Tracker IV. They're well-rated but 2 a penny. This 1266 looks top notch and it has 2 coils. Guy selling it seems to have plumped for a Minelab Quattro afterwards

Better grab that 1266 before he realizes his mistake! :wink: :D

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the key thing: which one do you think you could get use to better. You could have a $2000 machine but dont know how to use it and ill find more with my PINPOINTER...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread