Bounty Hunter

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just got a time ranger,used,taking it on some tailings in a week or two, i guess ill see whats up with them.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of people used to bash BH years ago on this forum. The machines do an excellent job and are inexpensive. If you have one, enjoy it. If not, reserve judgment until you try one.

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember Cadillac owners thought they weren't driving a Chevy. Lincoln was a Ford. A lot of it is prestige. I rented a tux for my vasectomy. If I was gonna be impotent, I wanted to look impotent.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
it easy folks that spend $1000 bucks on a detector do not want to say your $250 dollar model is also good ---makes them look foolish for spending $750 more --so they gotta "brand bash" the BH as a matter of "pride".in their brand.
that they paid so much for.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to borrow a friends BH,before I bought a Ace 250,and I liked it allot,then when my friend moved he took it with him,but I found over $100 in change in over 3 years.When I use to be out with it,people would always tell me that you will not find much with it ,and I would always pull out a silver dollar that I kept in my pocket,and show them & tell them that I found 10 of 'em right here,in this area:laughing7:,and they would say that I just got lucky.Now with my Ace 250 I get some people who tell me the same things,and now I just pull out my phone and show them all my fines(I take pictures of all my fines),and the 3 rings that I've found.

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a BH IV for my birthday been out of detecting had some hard times. Had to see off my detectors and guns. Glad there is a detector in a good price range.

65chevy

Aug 3, 2013
I think I would cry if I had to sell my bounty hunter detectors!!

GOD BLESS!!!!

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this thread interesting and educational. Most detector manufacturers place strict controls on price and control it through distributors.

I am reminded of wine snobs who poo-poo less expensive wines but really can't even tell the difference between a red wine and a white wine that has been made "red" by adding food coloring.

I do believe that people who are paying $1000-3000 for their detectors are going to tell you that a $300-500 detector is totally inferior and HAS to be based only on price.

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my first MD, BH 202 to make sure that I really wanted to dedicate a lot of time to this hobby. I just used it at the beach and to find a key that I lost. Now that I've upgraded, I will not bash BH at all. they are inexpensive and rather than spend $600 or so on a MD, I started with a $200 BH and for what I used it for, it did the job.

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Simply put................It ain't what you got..........It's how you use it. OLD SAYING full of truth.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
yep when i first got my md a bounty discovery 2200 for christmas i got on to the forums right away and was quickly disscouraged with all the negativity. but i used my bh for the season and wow let me tell ya it finds alot and fairly deep too i am no longer feverishly looking to replace my "cheep unit" because it just works so well. ive found stuff where other higher priced detectors have been and right behind them and find good stuff. was there detector capable of finding the item? well of course it was i just happend to put my coil over the target and found it. but i think when i do upgrade it wont be to replace my machine but rather to compliment it all machine to act the same so i think my next machine will have something that my bh lacks but it will never be obsolite. never

usher21

Mar 28, 2014
Modesto, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter "the Outback"
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just thought I'd add my $0.02. Last year my wife and kids got me an BH Outback, $99. Damn good investment! So far, I think I have pulled about $20 out of the ground. Am I rich? Nope! But I am happy! My kids go with me at times. My son asks if I am taking it if we go to a park. Talk about true value!! I love that little dude. What I find with it is being put aside to purchase another detector. This one will go to my kids. THAT is what this BH detector is doing for me- allowing some time while my munchkins are still munchkins. I only wished it picked up 24k gold... May your pans be yellow! Mark

Greenie
Mar 27, 2014
gold coast
Detector(s) used
tesoro umax tesoro cibola with clean sweep infinium, whites beach hunter 300 ace 250 bounty hunter platinum,bounty hunter sharpshooter b/h traker garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a b/h tracker iv have a look the only one with 5 STARS ,it's not the detector it's what is behind it that counts I have Garrett's,Minelab,Tesoro, I use the top brands but there is always a day when I take the b/h out.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking at getting either a Garrett ace 150 or a bounty hunter for my son to use. He will have fun with either one and I won't have to break the bank to get him one. If he doesn't like the hobby then I'll just keep it for a backup machine. I myself think it's wrong to belittle someone or make fun if their detector. I might not like the features or the durability on a detector but would never belittle someone for their choice. The point is if your out detecting and having fun who cares a lot of us cannot afford a $1000 or more detector. Good luck everyone.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm looking at getting either a Garrett ace 150 or a bounty hunter for my son to use. He will have fun with either one and I won't have to break the bank to get him one. If he doesn't like the hobby then I'll just keep it for a backup machine. I myself think it's wrong to belittle someone or make fun if their detector. I might not like the features or the durability on a detector but would never belittle someone for their choice. The point is if your out detecting and having fun who cares a lot of us cannot afford a $1000 or more detector. Good luck everyone.

Well put... I agree with you 100%

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BH has served me well .

DealinDog

Apr 16, 2016
Bethel, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BH has served me well .

I have a BH Platinum that I purchased used. This is my first detector. Before buying I read as many reviews as possible. Seemed most all were Good. Since then I still read. I see the Tecnetics Gamma 6000 is an identical machine. Look at the screen. Identical. Made on the same line. Same features. It is a good machine. My Platinum is a good machine. I am finding many good items with it. The name does not matter. Names are there to take your money by making things sound pretty. Name does not do the work. The person doing the MDing does the work. Just my 2 cents. Happy detecting!

s1222l

Apr 28, 2016
Central Mass
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" & 11" / Teknetics T2 Classic / Tesoro Vaquero / DetectorPro Pirate Pro
Garrett Propointer AT / Deteknix XPointer / Vance Muffs / Deteknix HD Muffs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who cares what make you use as long as you're swingin....

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a BH Platinum that I purchased used. This is my first detector. Before buying I read as many reviews as possible. Seemed most all were Good. Since then I still read. I see the Tecnetics Gamma 6000 is an identical machine. Look at the screen. Identical. Made on the same line. Same features. It is a good machine. My Platinum is a good machine. I am finding many good items with it. The name does not matter. Names are there to take your money by making things sound pretty. Name does not do the work. The person doing the MDing does the work. Just my 2 cents. Happy detecting!

No, the two machines are not identical. Both are good machines but there are reasons the Gamma demands more money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread