morayman

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2013
Sebring,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my Quick Draw II today! I already found a couple of pennies with it out in the yard just messing around and trying it out.I think I'll like this machine once I get used to it,seems like it goes pretty deep and was accurate with the coins.I also found a bunch of tab tops and other metal,some really little pieces that were very deep,I was surprised! It's been raining here for over a week so the ground is real moist,maybe thats got something to do with it.Anyway I'm happy with this machine and can't wait to hunt some more. morayman.........

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started with a old Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202. This is very close to your detector. Read the manual, and keep a quarter with you to set it for the park hunts. I was able to mark notches for the best setting. I also have three coils for mine. But the Sniper and 8" inch coil is all you really need. Most finds qill be 5" inches or less anyway. But I have dug 8" inches on a coin in the right conditions. After a rain is a great time to hunt. Look forward tou your post. Good Luck.

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your Quick Draw WILL reach down to 10" if there's something large down there, and of course in right soil conditions. You're in FL? In dry soft sand, I've hit quarters down to 10/12" with my QDII. It's a great little machine, and LOVES dimes and pennies. I'd say if it's reading dime/penny 99.9& of the time it WILL be exactly that. Pay attention to the depth gauge, you'd be surprised how accurate it can be. In mulch, say like a park playground, it's usually off by about 2-3", but still, you can use that to your advantage if you just practice and make a mental note of what the difference is. Also, it will absolutely find gold, found an entire chain and pendant, in mulch, with mine. 17 grams worth of 10K and it sounded out just like it should. That day I learned to dig low "foil" signals. Good luck with it, it's definitely a decent little machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread