Pro 505 ground balancing question

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a 505 for my son and he has been using it successfully. We went tot he beacht he other day and it was not useable as it would work then start to sound continuously even witht he sensativity turned way down. I tries to figure out how to set the ground balance but was unable to. I did go throuh hit h owners manual and didnt see anything on setting the ground balance. I saw a button on the front of the maching that says ground tracking but nothing in manual to explain it. Can anyone help?
Thanks gerry

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bump

digger34

Apr 1, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Pro Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same detector, but in my manual it says to keep the coil still, just above the surface, and press the groundTrac button. Also to make sure the spot on the ground you have chosen doesn't have any type of metal. And that is all it says, and I have always done this to mine, and it works fine for the rest of the day. It also talks about temperature change, like going inside to outside, and it says to also retune it, which is the same steps as above. Hope this helps, let me know how it works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread