Shaft swap on the LRP

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being someone who can not leave well enough alone is sometimes a curse and sometimes a blessing, this time I believe it is a blessing. I just received my LRP this morning and within 10 minutes knew I had to change the shaft, I can not explain it but the 2 piece just felt cheap to me. I had my F2 sitting there staring at me with its 3 piece taunting me so I decided WTH lets do this. It did take a little fitting and drilling but nothing serious and here is the results, yes it can be done.
20141111_121413_zpstxqoufwu.jpg
20141111_121423_zpshmrfaz1w.jpg
20141111_123406_zps47naj0li.jpg
20141111_123417_zpsuyusk2sw.jpg
20141111_123436_zpssnrtjurq.jpg

I kind of like the gold with the deep red of the LRP I think it is a good look and if it would affect the warranty it is easily reversible.
Now just waiting for 5 months for the ground to thaw out again. LOL :censored:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol........Well........congratulations.

We talked about changing lower rods on the other thread. I could have told you that you could "transplant" heads. You still cannot change out the lower rods.

I have no problem with the standard rod system, but then again I don't use my detector to move rocks or brush. It's like the difference between metal shafts and graphite shafts on golf clubs, the latter now more popular.

OP
OP
greaser

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol........Well........congratulations.

We talked about changing lower rods on the other thread. I could have told you that you could "transplant" heads. You still cannot change out the lower rods.

I have no problem with the standard rod system, but then again I don't use my detector to move rocks or brush. It's like the difference between metal shafts and graphite shafts on golf clubs, the latter now more popular.

Yeah i figured that is what you were thinking while i was thinking the whole thing. I totally agree on the rod it is totally functional but i prefer the feel of the F2 one. I also don't plan on moving rocks or logs but I do plan on swinging in some underbrush and tall grass so a little more durability can't hurt. It does take a little filing and or drilling to swap the heads/control boxes/ect. but I think it is a worthwhile endeavor and fun as well.

Ps not a golfer but i did just go to carbon fiber dart shafts. Lol

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I figured out that the Bounty Hunter Coils that are out for the Pro line are less weight than their F5/Teknetics counter parts. Cheaper made? Maybe, but waterproof and lighter. This makes for a lighter detector to swing. Now the Eurotek Pro, that uses Greek series coils, needs the three rod system for the slightly heavier coils. Also, coils like the NEL Tornado, may make a 2 rod system swing a little looser than the 3 rod system.

The LRP is just like the Eurotek Pro, but the ETP is geared more for relics and iron hunting. Iron consumes the first 40 of the 99 arc. Only 20 of 99 for the LRP. Plus the V-Break on the ETP silences as it moves up the arc, where the LRP produces a low tone as it moves up the arc. The ETP got a lot of hails, yet the LRP had more control of the ground and gives more adjustable information on targets while matching the depth and has an AM mode.

This ain't yo mama's Bounty Hunter.

OP
OP
greaser

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree me and my digger buddy have been comparing his AT pro to my LRP and it seems like at least a dead heat I have him beat in some areas but his water proofing trumps a lot. Lol for what i paid you can't find a better detector out there. In my not so humble opinion.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I totally agree me and my digger buddy have been comparing his AT pro to my LRP and it seems like at least a dead heat I have him beat in some areas but his water proofing trumps a lot. Lol for what i paid you can't find a better detector out there. In my not so humble opinion.
I found brand new in box LRPs for as low as $256. I can't think of any detector under $500 new that the LRP couldn't challenge in detecting abilities. And my Quick Draw Pro out-performs my Fisher F2 in every area. I feel it moved by the F2 as the best detector for a person to learn on.

OP
OP
greaser

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what i paid for mine, with free shipping I couldn't pass it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread