Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bounty Hunter Advanced Metal Detectors

BOUNTY HUNTER PRODUCT SPECIFICATION CHART

Anytime you get a working detector for $20 it is a steal IMO. I would consider it a good tool to learn with...but one you will outgrow within 8-12 months. It will hit coins sized objects at 6 inches and disc out iron and foil easily. Will be great for parks and schools where you don't need to dig 10 inches deep. I would run full power with disc just so nickels show up....usually the 10-11 oclock position. Dig everything that repeats the tone/signal in the 5c range and the 10c and up range.

I currently have a Sharp Shooter 2 that is a little beefier in options and depth. Even so I feel I will outgrow it within a year. I will keep it...but will want something better once I learn it 100%.

For $20 I would throw my $$ at the seller and have a huge smile on my face. Then use the hell out of it until I bought something better. Exactly what I am doing with my current detectors. Good luck man!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Lone Star is a coin detector that's a great learning unit and for $20, it's a steal. I call it a coin unit only only because the disc display calls the area between five cents and zinc penny a "scrap area". That area is where many gold rings and jewelry can show up. So keep that in mind when hunting. The Auto Notch puts the LS into true coin mode. The disc mode allows you to use the disc knob to take out iron (yet keep all nonferrous targets). The AM mode is what I would use for an old pasture, digging up all repeatable signals.

To make it even more powerful, for $40 you can pick up the 10" Magnum coil for an inch or two of added depth and more area coverage per sweep.

It has 3 tones as well. A great price for a good basic units with a few extras. Perfect for learning on.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread