Land Ranger Pro price...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry that I threw confusion into the mix. I was aware they made an SE gold version but for some reason did not clarify that...my bad.

The new gold $599 version does not have boost or cache.....does have DST.

That SE version with the gold shaft does have boost/cache and you should jump on it for $500.

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found another f75 with a black rod for $375. He started at $500 several weeks ago and nobody bit. If this is the one fisher is selling for around $1,100 it's one hell of a deal, and it's also about a 5 hour round trip. He has agreed to hold it for me until Sunday. These are the photos. It's well worn but at $375 who could complain? And it includes the 4.75" coil as well. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1472239661.396056.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1472239680.289741.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1472239691.258006.jpg

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I go to Fisher's web site it only shows the black as having boost and cache, and the gold one as having fast and dst, but no boost and cache. They have definitely made it confusing for us, but I'm glad it came up because I just assumed things and I should know better based on my experience with electronics and computers.

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've asked the guy with the $500 gold to check processes for boost and cache for clarification.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've asked the guy with the $500 gold to check processes for boost and cache for clarification.

I have not used cache mode, It does go deep, I can turn it on and point my coil to my van and it detects it at 4 ft +

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far the $500 Gold f75 guy got back to me and relayed that the one he has does not have Boost and Cache, just DST etc. So for one out of the box I think I could do better than $500 for a $600 machine. Waiting to hear back on the black machine which does seem to have boost and cache, but unsure of FA and DST until he checks it out. As long as he sees FA under Process it should have the whole updated software package and I'll jump on it at $375 even with all its dings and scrapes etc.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far the $500 Gold f75 guy got back to me and relayed that the one he has does not have Boost and Cache, just DST etc. So for one out of the box I think I could do better than $500 for a $600 machine. Waiting to hear back on the black machine which does seem to have boost and cache, but unsure of FA and DST until he checks it out. As long as he sees FA under Process it should have the whole updated software package and I'll jump on it at $375 even with all its dings and scrapes etc.

Contact Fisher labs and see if they will upgrade it for you. It used to cost $150 for the upgrade.

Hot Rockin

Greenie
Aug 21, 2016
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just placed an order for one tonight.
I did purchase from Amazon because I had 3 gift cards to use.
most often order stuff from Walmart. Walmart is also at the same price as Amazon right now on the LRP.
I like ordering from Walmart because returns can be made at the local store and I can have items shipped to store. no need having a $300 detector sitting on my front step all day when at work.

Should have done what I wanted in the first place and ordered from Walmart. Would have received it yesterday.
Amazon has passed their Ship by date and now only says on time.
Been a week tomorrow since I ordered

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never thought of it like that....where at Wal-Mart it won't be sitting on your front door. That has always worried me. I'm an Amazon Prime member. So I just order when I know I'll be home 2 days later and watch like a hawk for that brown truck. Having it sit at my local Wal-Mart would be much less stressful on my OCD/anxiety....yet something I never thought of. :notworthy:

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any word on it yet? Shipping always makes me nervous too, but it seems like in most areas if you want to buy new you have no choice. In my area even classifieds are limited. Neither of my f75 deals worked out. For the $500 one w/o boost and cache I'd rather buy new if the difference is only $100 and have to travel half the state of NY to get it. For the $375 one I never could get an answer out of the guy on the features and next thing you know the ad is gone. So I'm still a happy LRP owner, but ever drooling over the f75. I won't rest until I find one at the right price point. My experience with any electronic that a vigilant eye will eventually lead you to the right place and the right time for a great deal.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any word on it yet? Shipping always makes me nervous too, but it seems like in most areas if you want to buy new you have no choice. In my area even classifieds are limited. Neither of my f75 deals worked out. For the $500 one w/o boost and cache I'd rather buy new if the difference is only $100 and have to travel half the state of NY to get it. For the $375 one I never could get an answer out of the guy on the features and next thing you know the ad is gone. So I'm still a happy LRP owner, but ever drooling over the f75. I won't rest until I find one at the right price point. My experience with any electronic that a vigilant eye will eventually lead you to the right place and the right time for a great deal.

Your my kinda guy. I also have the patience for the right deal. The Standard F75 with DST is still a great machine. Check out this review.

Last edited:

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a hell of an impressive machine. I don't necessarily need boost and cache either. If I had to pick I'd rather have the DST model. Of course I'd love to have all available upgrades, but with my budget that may not be in the cards. The only reason I didn't jump on the $375 limited edition is that boost and cache alone was not important enough to put all my eggs in that basket over DST. I looked into factory updating as you suggested and it appeared the time ran out on that. I still have my eye on the $500 DST model on Craigslist. He also has it on eBay at a higher price point but not doing well in either venue. If he goes to $450 or less I'll be whistling down the highway for sure. I do wish I could keep my LRP too, but it'll have to go back in the piggy bank.

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think for me the f75 is the perfect machine as I live surrounded by woods and farmland, (also power lines and in many parts heavily mineralized soil). Depth becomes very important where the land around me is constantly turning over, being developed, excavated, covered in foliage, and other obstacles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread