verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I decided to pull the trigger on an LRP. It's an upgrade from a Lone Star I got several years ago. My house was built in 1910 and I went over the property pretty thoroughly with the LS.

After some preliminary testing with the LRP, I found a pre 82 penny and a 53 wheat in places that I've been over with the Lone Star several times.

I've also have some potential new targets identified.

Much thanks to those that have posted their reviews and videos of the LRP, they were key in helping me decide to buy it.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you are enjoying the LRP! It is a great detector and goes very deep in good to medium soils. While the older Bounty Hunters are great and will always hold a place in my heart...the LRP is a whole new breed of detector.

Ever have any questions just post them here and you will be helped. Make sure to post some of your awesome finds too!

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you! I have access to some property that has an old coal mine and it also had 2 log cabins sometime in the late 1800s. The property belonged to my grandparents and has a farm house on it that was established in 1848. Sadly, I don't have close ties with my aunt that owns the property now that has the farmhouse on it and that's where I'd love to detect someday.

I've identified an old creek bed and am going to do some hunting today with my son.

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old broken bottles....

Attachments

• 1476012452969.jpg
    1476012452969.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My son and I hit an old Creek bed pretty hard with the Line Star and the LRP. I didn't actually dig anything today. I got a ton of false hits while running in all metal. I dug about a 2 foot deep hole and found absolutely nothing. The ground was pretty wet and consisted of 2-3 inches of very rich topsoil, and the rest was clay.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't give up man. AM mode is a tough gig to master no matter the detector. LRP is tons easier as it will ID in AM mode.

If those old bottles are there...I'm guessing there is some other cool stuff to be found.

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh I won't give up! Practice makes perfect! I went out yesterday evening with a detecting buddy. We were hunting around a house from the 50's that was torn down. I had some really solid hits and dug a variety of items. A bracelet some sort, 2 wheats and a Lincoln memorial, and a variety of trash. It was a fun 2 hours and i learned more about the machine.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I won't give up! Practice makes perfect! I went out yesterday evening with a detecting buddy. We were hunting around a house from the 50's that was torn down. I had some really solid hits and dug a variety of items. A bracelet some sort, 2 wheats and a Lincoln memorial, and a variety of trash. It was a fun 2 hours and i learned more about the machine.

You will know more when your detecting buddy asked to swap detectors for a little while and then does not want to trade back. The LRP surprises many seasoned users when they start to see its capabilities.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread