Great detectors not so great customer service

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great detectors not so great customer service?

I purchased a BH Quick Draw Pro in March of 2016 and up until now it has been a great machine. I recently started having issues with the Pin-Pointing feature on it and attempted to contact BH hoping to have the issue troubleshooted or sent in for service. I messaged them on March 9th (a week ago) and have yet to hear back from them. I attempted to submit an inquiry via their website and received a " website not available" error page. Lastly, I tried contacting them by phone and was greeted with the voicemail. I left a voicemail and still have yet to hear from them. As of right now I have a $ 200 over-sized paperweight. I am tad bit frustrated and disappointed. Has anyone else had this issue with Bounty Hunter, Teknetics, Fisher - I know they're all a part of First Texas products. I was reading through reviews on their social media pages and it doesn't appear that I am the only one having issues contacting them for repairs and such. Does anyone on here have any additional suggestions or know any of the reps from the company that may be able to offer some assistance? I'd hate to toss this thing in the trash at the young age of one years old. I believe their warranties are good for 5 years, however, they aren't worth a damn if you can't get a hold of them, lol :-P

Last edited:

dgerst

Dec 9, 2008
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Multi Kruzer, Teknetics Patriot, Bandido II μMax, Tejon, Deeptech Vista Warrior, Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got the feeling they've had so many returns of the pro Series machines having pinpoint button problems that they'e being overwhelmed. It seems they sourced a bad batch of keypad membranes. I had a bit of a problem getting hold of them to send my Land Ranger Pro in for the same problem. I was finally able to reach them. Once I did they had it fixed and back to me in a week. They have repaired two machines for me, both of which I bought used and they knew it, for free. Keep trying to reach them. They'll take care of you once you do.

OP
OP
J

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since you mentioned it I started doing research on the issue and it does appear that the QDPs and the LPRs have both been plagued with crappy PP buttons. It does seem to be an issue across the board. With the help of TheHunterGT, Bounty Hunter finally reached out to me this morning. I suppose I just needed to be a little more persistent in contacting them. Hopefully I can get it in sooner than later for service/repairs. I'm glad I'm not the only one having an issue with it even thought it's a bummer of an issue for anyone to be having.

dgerst

Dec 9, 2008
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Multi Kruzer, Teknetics Patriot, Bandido II μMax, Tejon, Deeptech Vista Warrior, Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even after getting mine repaired the button is still kind of a pain to hold down. So just a few days ago I did the trigger switch mod. Made it a whole different machine. I used a switch the locks in one direction and is momentary the other direction. Pull the trigger for intermittent pinpoint and push it back to lock it into pinpoint. They should have done this at the factory.

OP
OP
J

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where can I find information on how to add the trigger mod?

dgerst

Dec 9, 2008
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is awesome, thanks for sharing this! I did finally hear back from Bounty Hunter. I may have just been a little too impatient but they were apologetic and are doing what they can to help me out. Once I get it back from them I'm going to be looking at adding this mod. It seems this may be the best route to go with these machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread