Bounty Hunter Quick Draw

jwlittle

Jan 4, 2008
I'm been reading about treasure hunting for years. About 15 years ago I bought a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw but never really got a chance to use it (kids, job etc.). Now I want to start devoting the time but wonder if this detector is worth using or should I be looking for a new one first? This is the original Quick Draw and I've played around with a little and keep finding lots of trash. So, do I make do with it or is it in my best interest to invest in a better machine?
Thanks

FelixtheCat

Jan 24, 2008
Miami
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 / Tesoros Deleon & Sand Shark
I would use it. The fact that it finds trash means that it works. Read the manual and learn its settings and practice, practice, practice! There are many who use it and love it. There is no reason why you can't make good finds with it.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Play with it a little longer and get used to it and see how it works for you. If you find it does not meet your needs you have time to research and figure out which detector would best suit you. There are a lot of great machines to choose from but the one you feel comfortable with is the best choice. First give that one a true try then if you it is not right for you then you will know the reasons why and that will help figure out what you really want in a new one as well. Good luck! Looking forward to seeing your finds and if you decide to get a different machine I might be able to help you there as well. Don't give up on the one you have too soon though! :laughing7:

OP
OP
J

jwlittle

Jan 4, 2008
Thanks for the help and advice! Took it out to the lake the other day and starting learning how to use it. Found a lot of trash and 37 cents in clad. Got my kids and wife interested now and they want to buy another detector so we can have teams!
Again, I appreciate the help and encouragement. I'll stick with this rascal until I got it figured out.

Hunter

Dec 6, 2007
Chicago and Florida Keys
Detector(s) used
Matrix M-6, Bounty Hunter, Fisher CZ-21 and Pistol Probe Pinpointer.
I use the auto notch on mine, with the disc/notch and sensitivity set at about 1 o clock. I fine a lot of coins and rings with this setting and very little junk.

I hope this helps.

OP
OP
J

jwlittle

Jan 4, 2008
Thanks for the advice on the settings. I wasn't quite sure what the "notch" setting was. I was using the "discriminate" mode. I'll give your suggestion a try---now how do I sneak out of the office to make sure I've got it right?

greywolf

Aug 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Bounty HunterIV, Bounty Hunter QD II
:icon_study:If you don't have the book e-mail or call BH I think they can help yo.. I have 2 BH units like them both .for the time I have to hunt they are just fine....Wo kids you swing the BH they dig...lol now all you need is a cold beer and a chair...................good hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread