thinking about a new detector

R

rvbvetter

I have the DFX and EXP II. And between the two, I would say get the CZ 3D. ;D Actually the DFX and EXP II are both nice detectors, and it's hard to go wrong with either one.
But just to throw a dark horse into the race. You might want to check out the CZ 3D as well. I got one a few months ago and the more I've used it the more I like it. In my opinion it's up there with the dfx and exp II. It has great depth and I think a unique tone ID that really helps to pick the good targets out of the junk. Plus it's a much quicker detector than the other two.
But you better check it out soon before Bounty Hunter gets a hold of it. Then it'll probably be the R2 D2 and getting all of 3 inches of depth. HH

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't know 2 much about the other but i luv my dfx

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
I live in Pittsburgh Pa also. The dfx performs really well here in the soils. You can't go wrong with any of the 2. You just have to take alot of hrs to learn them.

HH Jer

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my 3d for bronze, but I would think about where you are hunting too...I am in the jungle a lot and small caves and holes, so I need something small and light!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread