Whites prizm V

Bluestreak

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I just bought a whites prizm V off of craigslist for $300 clams. The original owner bought it in December of last year and only used it about 10 times. He paid $425 from a retailer. I saw the receipt.

Did I get a good deal? Any pointers on this machine? Do I need a pointer? I get lots and lots of pings and I really like the tone differentiator but I am doing an awful lot of digging for very little pocket change.

Thanks!

Jon

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Prizm V is a good machine. I have had a Prizm III for a number of years and it can find coins! You should have some success with your purchase, the Prizm V comes with a little larger coil and, I believe, notch discrimination. Make sure you read the manual and get to know the machine well, it's all about knowing the machine You could float around the White's section of the forum, I'm sure there are plenty of people who can give you more info on the Prizm V. As far as the pinpointer goes, I would get one, it is really helpful in getting your treasure faster!

HH
PTP

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got a brand new Coinmaster GT for $300. From what I understand, the Prizm and Coinmasters are nearly identical. The Prizm line has also been discontinued. $300 is ok, the Prizm line was more expensive for some reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread