Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
F4 has the 11 inch did coil, right? I loved my f2 but now I use a Garrett at pro. I'd go with fisher between the 2 models you've narrowed it down to though. Both are great detectors! Watch a bunch of YouTube videos, good luck!

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Between those two, I would definitely go for the fisher f4. It comes stock with the 11 in DD coil (one of the best coils on the market). It has unbelievable target separation and recovery speed, as well as very good depth. The f4 also has adjustable ground balance, so it is more capable on the beach and in extreme hunting conditions than the 350. However the ground balance setting doesn't transfer to discriminate mode, so I would just run it in all metal and Listen for he good tones. That's another thing: tones. The f4 has 4 different audio tones that help to identify a target, the 350 has only one tone. The f4 also has TID numbers, a five year warranty (instead of Garrett's two year warranty), and has a much tougher arm cup than the 350. However, IF you can stretch your budget just a little bit, you might want to look at the tesoro vaquero or at pro. From what I've heard, they're both awesome detectors.
I hope this helps!
Crazy4coins

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As others have said, the F4 has adjustable ground balance. That's worth the difference if you plan to detect around mineralized soil. TID numbers are handy too.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread