At pro or tesoro vaquero

TheSanDman333

Apr 22, 2012
Viola, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for an upgrade from my ace 250. Trying to decide between at pro or the vaquero. I like the simplicity of the tesoro, but I also like the fact the at pro can be used in water. What does everyone else think would be the best choice? I mostly hunt old farm houses if that helps..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best of luck in your choice. I use the Vaquero. When it rains a plastic bag over the control box seems to make it "waterproof" enough for my land hunting. I use it with a 12"x10" coil and it is a killer. Lighter than my friends AT Pro and just as deep or deeper.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had both. Still have my ATP. Just never really took to the Tesoros single tone and thumbing disc. Both great performing detectors.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe you are looking at the two best machines for the money. Both are going to excel in certain areas. The Vaquero is definately lighter, and very simple to use. Probably a little deeper and has a lifetime warranty. The ATPro will give more info on a target and is waterproof. I have many hours on the ATPro and will never give it up. But i plan to own a Vaquero aswell when i have the extra cash for one. I would guess that with experienced users using both, that these machines would be very close on performance with the hunt area maybe giving each machine the edge. The ATP would be my choice in a trashy area but the Vaquero would excel in a large field just because of its lighter weight....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions