what to buy ?

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
presently garrett gta 1000 , fisher cz5 and now a fisher cz21 10.5" coil and vibra=quatic 2 pinpointer add another cz21
was gonna get opinions on best beach machines or all around water land detector, but after reading thru all the comments in brand section I have it figured out. Ipresently own a garrett gta 1000 that needs sent back for repair found ton of items with it and I also have a fisher cz5 quicksilver that is 20 years old and still will out hunt most new machines. Ive been detecting for better than 40 years I think that's why I can usually out hunt most because I know my machines and like them both have used others and I don't think they compare to either machine. Im going with a fisher cz21. I was hunting a beach last fall when a gentleman with a fancy beach machine walked up to me and told me my fisher cz5 was no good on salt beaches, I thought that funny cause I had already found 3 gold and 2 silver rings plus a 14 k diamond stud and about 8 dollars in change plus ton of trash. whats funny is when I ask him how he was doing he said not enough sand removed to get to good stuff he had about 3 dollars in change and trash. Ironic thing is I hunt right behind him up the beachwas detecting items as deep as 16 inches with old worn out cz5. my buddy was hunting with an at pro he also did well after I reset his machine and slowed him down. the other gentlemans machine was a minelab beach machine apparently he didn't know the machine and hunted way to fast. not machines fault his fault and he told me he hunts that beach regularly as he lives close by for the last 30 years. moral to story is get to know your equipment and no one gets it all.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right in using the CZ5 and the CZ21. I have never used the CZ5 but use a CZ6a with great success. Now days I mainly hunt the water with the Excal and CZ-20 and Tiger Shark depending how I feel that day. All have been down to at least 100 feet without leaks. The AT Pro guys think they have the best beach detector going but they never have use the older ones and they look at the screen to much. Most of the single freq detectors are not for the wet saltwater sand. Newbies tend to walk to fast and don't keep the coil level with the ground the whole sweep. We the People.JPG

OP
OP
S

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
presently garrett gta 1000 , fisher cz5 and now a fisher cz21 10.5" coil and vibra=quatic 2 pinpointer add another cz21
sandman my buddy has only been at it for about 3 to 4 years I think his other detector is a 3 year old gti 1350 that never works right so he bought an at pro on ground he hunts to fast and doesn't listen to his machine so when we went to the beach I set his disc to full up after he couldn't find much even trash a lot of falsing and rebalanced after that he did great still to fast but hes learning. as far as my cz 5 I know it better than my wife probably lol also with that just disc up high balance out and go diamond stud was tough cause it kept fallen out of scoop. actually my buddy seen it in my siftings from sun shining off the diamond. and yes he was not happy with me old detector old man and I still kick his butt hes half my age so im helping a newbie. thanks for the support and input on my decision and good hunting

OP
OP
S

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
sorry sandman or anyone else that should read disc at 1 and sens at 8-9

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
As I have read many times.. It's more dangerous a expert user with his well known detector, then the new guy with the latest tec...

mobilius

Greenie
Jul 15, 2013
I have a CZ5, an F70 and an E-Trac. Both Fishers are fabulous machines and the CZ5 is an extreme nickel hog. But I have been using the E-Trac for a year and it is everything the Fishers are and a lot more. Not to take anything away from the Fishers. They are very reliable and have a distinct place in my arsenal of machines. I have been TH'ing since 1978 and have used Garrett's, Whites, Compass, Fishers, and now Minelab. I was a dealer for Garrett's, Compass, and Fishers for many years. If I wasn't so darned old I'd probably still sell them, but I would much rather spend my golden years using them and finding treasures. Some people would have you believe you have to have a machine specifically for gold to find gold....I say pooh to that. Yes a machine set up with a frequency favorable for gold is great for gold but I have two 20 acre gold claims in central Idaho and the three machines mentioned above have helped me find some very nice gold over the years. Happy hunting to all of you and for the record, to know your machine is to excel at finding the goodies. GET TO KNOW YOUR MACHINE! I guarantee that this is the secret to your success.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a f75ltd amazing machine & I've had many of the greats

mobilius

Greenie
Jul 15, 2013
Thanks. A buddy of mine has an F75. I nearly bought one but on a tip from my distributor I purchased the F70. He said that the F70 had a slight advantage in depth of detection. Frankly, comparing side by side the F70 and the F75 detected item for item, about the same in our highly mineralized Idaho soil.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 70 might have that advantage over the original f75 but the ltd or se f75 has the boost mode & cache mode which puts it over the top

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread