Do you actually have to own an AT Pro to become a paid promoter?

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldn't worry too much about the AT Pro. If you already own a Minelab you already belong to the biggest fibbers club on the planet!

(do I need to insert a smiley here or can you get by w/o it?)

No, no :-) necessary. But how many threads do you see that start with "Well, another 12 walking liberties in just under an hour with my E track, or Sov, or ?

Actually, I think that for $1000 even my sov feels cheaply made.

Last edited:

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I like my AT and have never been paid to say so. It has paid for itself though. People brag on it because its a great all around detector-including water. Most people don't have nor can afford several machines. The price point of the AT means people will be happy too. I've had many different detectors. My current lineup is an AT Pro, a T2se, whites two box, and an Ace 150. The T2 is deeper but a little harder to get used to in iron. I think the AT is just about as fast but different ground gives different results. I also water hunt which is where the AT has paid for itself. I'll never sell it! I didn't like the ergonomics so I made a straight shaft. That's about it..

'This was a non-paid promotional message regarding what I like. No animals were harmed in the typing of this announcement.'

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems there are at least one on each brand forum that is probably compensated one way or another. I'll just say garrett sure knows how to market there product.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wish i could get.paid..lol..i do put it in my threads..but only so other people with the at pro can see its capabilities

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No one lies on this site, so having said that...

It was during World War two I met them all,
There was Roosevelt, Churchill, and De Gaulle.
Then one day I nearly fainted,
I was having my house painted...
There was Hitler hanging paper in the hall!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found an AT Pro with my Tesoro Sand Shark! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
The studio and sound stages at the Garret production facility have the absolute best lighting, .....just kidding…!!!!! I think.....
congratulations on a great find.....

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
The AT works. It beeps on metal. Some folks like it and some don't. That's become obvious in this thread.

Every factory has paid promoters, but being a paid promoter doesn't necessarily mean that you post fake finds. After all, if you're a good enough beeperist to attract a factory's interest, you were already finding real finds (probably with something else) before the factory worked out a deal with you.

Finding real finds is less about what you're swinging, and more about knowing where and how to swing the beeper. I've known guys who swinging a lowly BH Tracker 4 (which within its limitations works very well) could flat out clean the clocks of just about anyone else who showed up on their turf no matter what the intruder was swinging.

So are the AT finds posts bogus? I'll never know, and it doesn't even matter to a customer anyhow.

--Dave J.

Budman231

Sep 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey were you the guy in the movie "Balls of Fury" !!??

[h=2]"When I was in China on the All-America ping-pong team, I just loved playing ping-pong with my Flex-o-lite ping-pong paddle," which everybody knows isn't true, but Mama said it's just a little white lie so it wouldn't hurt nobody.[/h]

mikecar007

Aug 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My experience, though limited has to do with time in the field and getting to know your detector. I have only recently picked up the pro and only have a few hours with the new detector. I can still pick up the old bounty hunter if I'm on a site with limited time. I have been detecting two years with it and averaged 15 hours a week. Watch videos and talk to people who use the detector you have, when you can't swing. Even the poorest videos offer insight or at least comic relief. I have also learned a ton from this forum and appreciate all of the posts about techniques and finds.

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had an at pro and it was a good machine I just didn't like the sounds that it made. Doesn't mean it was great or junk, just not for me.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a paid promoter either but I like the at pro and the sounds it makes. I've been pretty lucky with mine and it works good in my area. I don't hunt saltwater beaches but I do hunt in rivers and every now and then a beach on Lake Erie when I go up there. I bought mine because I had a great exp with the ace 350. I wanted a machine I could take into the water if I wanted and not worry if I dropped it. The pro doesn't seem cheap to me it feels well built and I can swing it for hours. I didn't have thousands to spend on a all around detector and guess what Garrett made one that cost under $600. Some like it and some don't. I am one of the ones who love it and I took the time to learn how to use it. This is a hobby for fun and exercise. I don't understand why someone would start a thread to make fun of a detector. I wasn't going to post but after reading all the comments I felt I needed to defend the machine that I love using. This hobby is about having fun doing something you enjoy and if your lucky enough to swing your coil over something rare or historical why not post it in a thread and be proud of the machine your using. I don't start threads that make fun of other detectors but I guess I must have grown out of that stage along time ago. Just my opinion. Good luck on your future hunts and keep recovering history.

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You report using a detector you don't even own. Perhaps it is time to take the plunge and join the club. But an AT Pro and happy hunting.

Well, I use and actually own a Sovereign GT ..... Its been around a long time, I learned on it before actually springing of one about three years ago. For depth and discrimination I have not found anything that works as well. Off course I haven't used all brands and nomenclatures, but I am very happy with it.

It's the Garret ATX that I have the fortune of borrowing from time to time. Obviously it uses different technology and costs $2300 new, but this is what I envision being used by a professional experienced treasure hunter that knows where to look.
I would consider an AT pro as a first detector, I haven't ruled out buying one, I would buy an ACE 250 if it was waterproof to ten feet......

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I use and actually own a Sovereign GT ..... Its been around a long time, I learned on it before actually springing of one about three years ago. For depth and discrimination I have not found anything that works as well. Off course I haven't used all brands and nomenclatures, but I am very happy with it. It's the Garret ATX that I have the fortune of borrowing from time to time. Obviously it uses different technology and costs $2300 new, but this is what I envision being used by a professional experienced treasure hunter that knows where to look. I would consider an AT pro as a first detector, I haven't ruled out buying one, I would buy an ACE 250 if it was waterproof to ten feet......
i wouldn't consider a 600 dollar detector as a first detector. You might want to spend a little less money to see if this hobby is fun for you or not. I know I wouldn't spend that kind of money just to see if I like a hobby. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I would def hunt my at pro while everyone is using their $1000 or more detectors around me and I bet I would be having a blast. I actually got to hunt the other day with a fellow using another type of detector and it's not a cheap one and we were comparing targets and my pro hit on everything with correct VDI numbers he was. Then I headed to the water and he stayed on dry land because his wasn't waterproof and I don't blame him who in their rite mind would pay that much for a detector and risk damaging it. We compared finds after I was done and we both did well neither one of us found anything special but we both had fun. He likes his detector and I like mine. I don't bash other brands so I'm not going to name the detector but I can tell you it cost two times as much as my pro. Can't wait to hunt with him again I like to hunt alone but comparing targets was fun for a bit and it confirmed that my at pro was just as good as I knew it was. Have fun everyone.

Last edited:

dirtydig

Oct 7, 2013
virginia
Detector(s) used
A T Pro, ace 250, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its not the machine its the hunter, period. ford chevy dodge, whatever, go buy what you like and learn it. an old saying applies here. all the wrappers are the same its the hamburger thats different. You being the hamburger. the pro suits me but ill bet you a dime to dollar that i can borrow yours, put 100 hours on it and find the same things. this is old technology made new by very few advances. i would advertise the pro only because it does have value in the waterproof area and price, but never as better than something else. HH

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not put any time in on the atp so no opinion there, but the atp users are for sure the most sensitive of all.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not put any time in on the atp so no opinion there, but the atp users are for sure the most sensitive of all. ,
thats because for some reason people make it their job to bash on the at pro whenever they get a chance. You can't start a thread on the pro without someone coming on and bashing the machine. It gets old. They sure sell a lot of them for them to be junk. I always look at the posters profile to see what they are using if they list it and 90% of the time the at pro is not listed so I take it as jealousy or someone who hasn't grown up yet and just likes to start trouble. Have fun with the machine you are using and be proud of your finds in the long run we are all doing this hobby because we like it and love history. If you got into this hobby to get rich quick then good luck. I hope everyone enjoys this hobby and detects responsibly so we can all enjoy this hobby. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I think the AT is a pretty darn good detector for the money. Water proof detector for 600$... need I say more. Oh yes more, the iron audio alone is like having 2 detectors in one. Do I think the AT pro is the best detector out there?..no but it finds metal just like every other detector on here. Complain or make fun of a detector all you want but mine works and its found gold and silver just like it said on the box. In my opinion Its a keeper for me. I can even sing in the rain with it!! And like Mama always said.."life is like using a metal detector..you never know watcha gonna get"!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats because for some reason people make it their job to bash on the at pro whenever they get a chance. You can't start a thread on the pro without someone coming on and bashing the machine. It gets old. They sure sell a lot of them for them to be junk. I always look at the posters profile to see what they are using if they list it and 90% of the time the at pro is not listed so I take it as jealousy or someone who hasn't grown up yet and just likes to start trouble. Have fun with the machine you are using and be proud of your finds in the long run we are all doing this hobby because we like it and love history. If you got into this hobby to get rich quick then good luck. I hope everyone enjoys this hobby and detects responsibly so we can all enjoy this hobby. Good luck everyone.

I think the AT is a pretty darn good detector for the money. Water proof detector for 600$... need I say more. Oh yes more, the iron audio alone is like having 2 detectors in one. Do I think the AT pro is the best detector out there?..no but it finds metal just like every other detector on here. Complain or make fun of a detector all you want but mine works and its found gold and silver just like it said on the box. In my opinion Its a keeper for me. I can even sing in the rain with it!! And like Mama always said.."life is like using a metal detector..you never know watcha gonna get"!
I guess what I'm trying to say is if your happy who cares what anybody thinks. You'll never change anybodies mind, as a matter of fact defending it seems to bring on more negative responses. Maybe ignoring them would be more productive. If someone says something bad about my t2, I would think their loss and leave it at that.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess what I'm trying to say is if your happy who cares what anybody thinks. You'll never change anybodies mind, as a matter of fact defending it seems to bring on more negative responses. Maybe ignoring them would be more productive. If someone says something bad about my t2, I would think their loss and leave it at that.
good point I just get tired of it but feel I need to set some people rite every now and then. Just my personality I guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread