perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I am debating which machine would best meet my needs. I mostly land detect but would like to get into salt water detecting. I know that the CZ-21 is known as a saltwater detector, however, Fisher also says it is good on land. Seems like this machine would be much more flexible than the E-Trac. So my question is the E-Trac that much better of a land detector in terms of discrimination and depth as compared to the Fisher CZ-21?

I would appreciate any feedback.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
The CZ-21 is the top salt water machine if you intend to take it underwater-- build like the proverbial "brickhouse" and rated to (as I recall) over 200 feet depth. For land use it works, but for such use it's heavy & clunky, won't find small low-conductivity stuff, and may not ground balance to the "red dirt" in all metals mode.

The land CZ's (only one currently in production being the CZ-3D) can switch between land and saltwater operation, but are not waterproof and salt air even without getting wet is murder on electronics. If you get a land CZ for beach work, make sure to protect the electronics housing with a plastic bag or other suitable covering.

--Dave J.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread