WHITES MXT ANY INFO NEEDED

Aug 14, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, Tecknetics delta 4000 (do not get)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the MXT PRO and really like it. It is my back up to my White's TDI. The TDI is my all time favorite relic machine but I have the MXT PRO as my back up as I have used it very successfully for years. The good thing about the MXT is all bullets and buttons will give a high tone unless you are in hot soil like in Virginia then you need to dig everything. Swing very slowly to hear the deep signals. They will be very faint. I dug my ID tag at about 12" and it sounded like a deep coin. Also I use the 10x12 SEF coil which I believe is the best coil to use. I really can not think of any cons as the MXT has been a good relic machine for years and is one of White's biggest sellers.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The MXT Pro is a great coin/relic hunter. No longer my choice, but a great detector.

Pros: Deep, Fast, Relic Prospecting & Coin/jewelry modes, I liked the Ground Grab feature (standard MXT doesn't have this).

Cons: Not the lightest girl at the ball. LOUD w/o volume control. Nickel window is the size of a dump truck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread