Garrett AT Gold Vs Garrett AT Pro

Molon Labe

Feb 4, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I currently own the Garrett Ace 350 and really wanna jump up another step in the world of detectors. Most of the detecting I do is fields (Never deserts so Im not looking for gold nuggets) and also sometimes creeks so water proof definitely helps. What I like about these 2 detectors is you get more range and a better idea of what is in the ground before you start digging. So let me know your opinions.

God Bless

OP
OP
M

Molon Labe

Feb 4, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, is one a lot better for finding gold jewelry?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only have the Pro, but one thing to consider is the gold comes with 5x8 coil....which is a little small for fields unless they are very trashy. The gold is also higher priced. The ATP comes with the big DD coil and for the price difference you can add the 5x8 which is a must have item also. I have heard that the gold does better on the beach, but i dont hunt the beach so....
Either machine will find gold but you will diig alot of tabs and other trash to find it.

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I made the jump a couple of years ago from the 350 to the At Pro. I absolutely love it. My MD buddy has the Gold and love's his machine. I like the fact I can bring mine in salt water...

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I now own both the Gold and the Pro and the gold is a good bit deeper especially in bad ground. VDI numbers are a little less stable on the gold. The pro is the better coin machine and the gold the better relic machine....imo.

pkirill

Jul 22, 2013
Richmond, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, MI6 pinpointer, Lesche 40" ground shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I now own both the Gold and the Pro and the gold is a good bit deeper especially in bad ground. VDI numbers are a little less stable on the gold. The pro is the better coin machine and the gold the better relic machine....imo.

I've had the Gold for about a year and just picked up a Pro to use at the beach. I agree with Digger on all counts. The Gold is a little more quirky on the beach in the dry sand and pretty useless in wet sand (main reason I got the pro). In trashy parks, the Gold does better picking out targets among the junk but it takes experience to know what it's telling you and with more time on my Pro I might change my mind.

Both are great machines that are a great balance between capability and learning curve. If you want to grab the MD and go, the pro is probably the choice. If you see yourself obsessing over the hobby, you can go farther and get better with the gold. If that makes any sense...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread