Indiana
Detector(s) used
Had: Tesoro Silver Umax.
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Minelab Equinox 600

Have: Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sold my Silver umax to get a Teknetics Eurotek Pro. I didn't find many good coins with the Silver Umax and i had it for like 5-6 months. To me it seems the Eurotek pro is able to go deeper and is easier to use. Also the ETP has adjustable volume and shows the target on screen with a number from 1-99 and is pretty accurate. With the ETP I have found many things that my other metal detectors weren't able to find. My best find with the ETP is a 1964 Silver dime I got it at about 4".

I have used Whites Coinmaster, Silver Umax, and a bounty hunter tracker II. I think the ETP is the best. The ETP with 8" coil is $220 but with 11" DD coil it is $300 on Kellyco.

Last edited:

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
The new Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro lists for $449, but may be steeply discounted, like around $300. Combines best features of Euroteks & Tek Greek models. The features include even more than what is on detecting.com (BH site). Saw more about them on some dealer sites. A best value for sure! Best wishes, George (MN)

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second the Eurotek Pro with the 11" DD. Give me a call and ask for your Treasurenet discount!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Teknetics euro tek pro is my pic! Love the stock coil! Feel free to give me a shout! I'll go over it and others with ya! Adjustable iron audio is nice!

Last edited:

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not used any of the above detectors, but I love my Ace 250..I have an AT Pro, but my Ace/Sniper ALWAYS goes with me..Took me 6 years to upgrade, because there was not much need until the waterproof AT came along....Its seems most of the manufactures have decent entry models...Just have to find the one that feels right for you...Good luck to you, hope you enjoy whatever you get.......Its easy to get bogged down with information overload when trying to decide...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread