Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Marcus! While depth is always a concern when comparing detectors, one of the key benefits of the CTX3030 is how well it performs in iron and in highly mineralized soil. The multiple target ID is a great tool when hunting areas with a heavy concentration of targets.

Good targets get masked by trash targets. There are times when I get a good high tone coin signal, and pull out multiple nails above the coin when recovering the target. While you may see some depth improvement, the other features may be more important in recovering desirable targets.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Marcus,
Been using Garrett's for twenty years and my last one was the ATPro. Very good all around machine. Just upgraded to the CTX3030. Here is my two cents. By VERY patient! If you come from a background of speaking Garrett and not Minelab....you are in for a culture shock. I think most of the people that get these have had an E-track or some other Minelab first. I can tell you this, I've only been using it for about three weeks and I can see the difference is significant. Found a '27 Licoln at 7" in some nasty, full of junk and nails soil and it was a clear signal. Cant wait till I get all of it figured out. Awesome machine.
However, they are very expensive and after reading reviews and watching videos online.....I have to wonder about that XP Deus. Wish I knew someone with one that I could do my own comparisons side by side. One more piece of advise. I got the 11" coil and it is awesome...however if you hit alot of demo lots like I do, you will probably want to look at a smaller coil. Check into a package deal as the coils by them selves are very expensive. Oh, and the wireless headphones are soooooo nice. Just my two cents.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hunting buddy just upgraded to the same from the ATP...he was a little worried at first because I was finding stuff and he wasnt ... But he has been learning it alot lately and I have a feeling he is gonna kick my arse in finds this year..lol

As mentioned above...they speak 2 different languages, So be patient and be prepared to feel like you are starting over

He has found things a good 10" deep with a nice loud high tone....whereas the Pro would have been a little bouncy and it might have been something you would pass up

Good Luck man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread