Operating Frequency on brands

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well yeah if you look at it that way. I guess every target could ring in the opposite of everyone else's. But it makes it hard to join in on a conversation when someone asks what it rings up as.

Yeah , I didn't think about that as much when I made the statment . I'm am some what hearing impaired and had to change some tones too work better for me . I guess , I spoke out of turn in that case , sorry .

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is a good conductor of electricity, but we aren't talking about moving electrons along a length of wire with metal detecting. Metal detecting is all about the ability of an item to be inductively charged by the RF signal the detector puts out, and then emit that charge back. In this regard, gold is poor which is why we say it is a "low conductor".

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well yeah if you look at it that way. I guess every target could ring in the opposite of everyone else's. But it makes it hard to join in on a conversation when someone asks what it rings up as.

Exactly what I was thinking. Generally, from low to high, you have iron, foil, nickel, (gold), zinc, copper, silver. I would find it quite odd for gold to ring higher than a low/mid tone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread