Pulse inductor?

sproatz

Oct 2, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites spectra v3i with multiple coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking into getting a pulse inductor metal detector. I need it to be water proof for beach hunting and I also need it for coins in fields. Plus I need it to be good for meteorite hunting. I need it to be good with low conductive targets that could be deep. Any suggestions. I was thinking of the garrett atx deepseeker. But if theres anything out there better and around that price I'm open for suggestions. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulse 6x or 8x...
Get optional skid.

Wont be cheap.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I usually don't meddle in above $500 detectors. But I do listen and read, and if it were me. the multi freq Whites V3i is a good choice and a CTX3030 from Minelab is a superior choice. Both companies are located in the middle of the iron and beach belts that make detecting difficult, and both seem to offer better machines for those difficult areas.

OP
OP
sproatz

sproatz

Oct 2, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites spectra v3i with multiple coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already own the whites spectra v3i, the ctx 3030,and the xp deus... I'm looking to get a pi

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the ATX and use it mainly for relic hunting in high mineralized soil. The deepseeker coil will get those deep low conductive targets and it is a good meteorite detector (so I am told). If you need it waterproof for shallow beach detecting (it is only waterproof to 10 feet) and need it for land detecting, too, it is probably your best bet for the money. The rest of the PI's out there are either good dirt diggers (e.g., the minelab GPX series) or are beach specialized PI's like the Detector Pros and others. The ATX is a good crossover machine for both types of hunting. The only real drawback is IT IS HEAVY! and will wear you down on land. Get a real harness, like Minelab sells, and don't just rely on the bungee thing that is included with the ATX. Good luck.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SDC 2300 on the used market may be in same price range. There were a lot of SDC/GPX combos purchased at end of 2015. Many are selling off the SDC just to get a GPX for 1/2 price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread