Best pinpointer?

Rik601

Oct 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Vulcan 360 is JUNK from Kellyco do not buy you will not be happy with it !!!!

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Vulcan 360 is JUNK from Kellyco do not buy you will not be happy with it !!!!

Whole heartedly agree. Top two the Garrett Carrot and TRX. You would be happy with either though you will prefer one over the other.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought both. I found the TRX to be so much better that I let go of the Garrett and bought a Gold Digger Land or Sea pinpointer. The only reason I didn't buy a second TRX is the Gold Digger is a fairly deep pulse induction pinpointer with twice the submersion (20 feet) ability. So far, from my experience I'd put the Garrett 3rd in the lineup at best behind the Gold Digger (2nd) and the TRX (1st) which is just streets ahead of the carrot in terms of range. It's damn near a full blown metal detector itself.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got the classic pro pointer and don't have any complaints. It's simple to use, performs well, and can take a little beating.

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya guys, been hunting for a long time but have never used a pinpointer until a few days ago. I'm hooked. I want one.

I WANT THE BEST ONE! Who makes it?
Thanks
The one I use is the Garrett AT pen pointer, Works for me.

slick356

Feb 11, 2016
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx 3030
Minelab Etrac
Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought the TRX over the garret carrot 🥕 and am extremely happy with it

I got the Vulcan pin pointer and the box it came in is worth twice as much as that pin pointer

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought the TRX over the garret carrot 🥕 and am extremely happy with it

I got the Vulcan pin pointer and the box it came in is worth twice as much as that pin pointer

Not hearing you correctly here on the Vulcan mine works great likely better depth then the TRX and Garett I would imagine.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not hearing you correctly here on the Vulcan mine works great likely better depth then the TRX and Garett I would imagine.

I am with you, My Vulcan is my #2 choice out of the box with the TRX coming in first. Both the Vulcan and TRX have better sensitivity that all other hand held pointers on the market. I own or have owned each and every one. The on off switch on the Vulcan is very easy to turn on and in the field I am always bumping it and have to turn it back off until I get ready to use it.

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my TRX. Works underwater, great depth, sensitivity and tip detection.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What's best for one guy stinks for another, it often seems. I use a Minelab Pro Find 25. I don't know all pinpointers have the same features in common. The Minelab vibrates when coming into a target, has a decent bright light on it and is water resistant. It has two sensitivity buttons on it,as well. It also has an alarm that starts beeping if left on after a few minutes, which if it didn't, I would have lost it on one outing I was on. It fell out of my case on my belt, and I backtracked around a hundred yards and heard it beeping in some rugged hilly country I was detecting in!

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I have heard enough the TRX will be my back up pinpointer down the road then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread