Best detector with identification/ Portable

Randomnewguy

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may be looking at getting a new detector since im starting to get into the hobby more now but i have a couple of questions for anyone who could answer.

Basically i would like something that can roughly identify what is under the ground to try and save digging everything up i see and ive noticed a few seem to be pretty accurate within reason. My second requirement is that it can collapse down to be portable for taking out on long hikes. Currently i just have a tesoro conquistador and its perfect in that its light and i can split it down and fit it in my hiking bag in 2 seconds, Ive looked at the better tesoros and wouldnt mind one but is there anything else i should be considering?

Thanks in advance.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Investigate the Deus for light weight portability depending on your budget. Good luck.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I can roughly identify targets with pretty decent accuracy using units with screens or my two Tesoros...just have to know the language.
Yours should work, many use the Compadre for this type of thing and the new Mojave might even be better...even my Vaq is light as a feather.
For screen units there are many good lightweight units depending on your price and most collapse down pretty small.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my mxsport identifies well enough to tell you if its copper or zinc penny, or silver or clad quarter, and so on. Its been pretty good at identifying as well as very good at seperation. Though depending on budget dues looks great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread