Which metal detector is best md88 or md5008

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It helps if you give more info when you ask for help. You didn't say what manufacturer you were talking about what kind of hunting you are wanting to do. Personally I would not buy either one of them after reading about them.

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
Both of those are Chinese, made by King Detector.
Personally, in that price range, I would look for a Bounty Hunter or a used Ace, Fisher, etc.
There are lots and lots of very good used detectors on EBay right now. It seems good, brand name starter detectors are falling out of trees, especially Bounty Hunter and ther Garrett Ace series, because they are such popular first time detectors.

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
I have seen a lot of those MD detectors on Ebay in the new detectors. I have no personal experience with them. But, most seem to fall in the $50 to $60 range, and you have to wonder about the quality. Not to mention shipping times and cost. They look like knock-offs of another famous series.
You can have a much better, proven machine used sticking to known brands,
One thing about King Detector. They have really great prices on accessories like scoops, shovels, harness, etc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread