Need Advice- Garrett ATPro Vs. ATMax Vs. Whites MXSport

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I am ready to pull the trigger on a submersible detector and now I'm stuck on which one to get???

If anyone has experience with ATPro-ATMax or Whites MXSport I'd really like to hear the pros and cons of these machines from the experienced!

I'll be using it primarily in fresh water with the occasional salt water hunt.

Thanks for your time!

Kace

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Kace,

Please do extensive research on your own, looking at Garrett, Whites, Minelab...etc. to really understand how each will fulfill your hunting needs.

I use the AT pro among other detectors for land, fresh water and beach dry sand. In the black sand and salt water my hunting areas seem to limited the machines depth. For those areas, I use a multi-frequency machine or a PI with good results. The AT MAX and MX Sport I do not own.

You may be able to obtain (as a second machine) a "Garrett Infinium" water machine reasonably cheap, since they are not making them any one. I have one and like it!

Other options could be the Minelab Equinox 600 or 800, many seem to like the machine for multiple uses. I do not own one (yet :laughing7:), but have had the pleasure of hunting with one...I enjoyed the ease of the machine and weight.

Good Luck on your choice,

Doc

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Kace,

Please do extensive research on your own, looking at Garrett, Whites, Minelab...etc. to really understand how each will fulfill your hunting needs.

I use the AT pro among other detectors for land, fresh water and beach dry sand. In the black sand and salt water my hunting areas seem to limited the machines depth. For those areas, I use a multi-frequency machine or a PI with good results. The AT MAX and MX Sport I do not own.

You may be able to obtain (as a second machine) a "Garrett Infinium" water machine reasonably cheap, since they are not making them any one. I have one and like it!

Other options could be the Minelab Equinox 600 or 800, many seem to like the machine for multiple uses. I do not own one (yet :laughing7:), but have had the pleasure of hunting with one...I enjoyed the ease of the machine and weight.

Good Luck on your choice,

Doc

Thank You Doc! I appreciate it!

I've been researching the submersible detectors for a year or so and watching a lot of videos... I think, unless something drastically happens this week to change my mind to the ATMax that I'm going to get the ATPro, Garrett Pro Pointer (Orange) Submersible and Rechargeable Battery Pack...I'm so used to having that with the Xtra AA backup that I don't want to give that option up. lol!

Thanks Again!!

Kace

PS...I'll keep my eyes open for an Infinium and also the Minelabs. Having a fully submersible machine is really what I want.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread