General staff button

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
Went to a small outpost where a very small skirmish was fought during the civil war. There was a small detachment of federal soldiers stationed at this bridge to prevent burning of the bridge. I have been here many times in the past and just decided to go there one last time. The site was hunted many times before I ever hunted it. I had not hunted it in about five years and there is not much left.. It is along a railroad and at a bridge. I have found that all along this railroad on either side of the track can be found all sorts of goodies. This is all pre civil war. Many remnants of cans and iron objects from when the railroad was built. In three hours I found one drop and this beautiful button. Definitely came from a high ranking officer.

Attachments

• img641.jpg
    img641.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 304

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thats a beauty! Nice find!
Mike

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome button, go back theres more for you to find I hope. HH!!

OP
OP
B

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
Found out yesterday that since the outer perimeter of the buttons is ringed in stars that it was worn by a general. Other GS buttons only have stars on the bottom of the button. Also found a beautiful dropped 54 and when I checked my book found that it is a Starr Carbine minnie. Used a micrometer to make sure and everything points right to Starr. This is a small site and I have hunted it to death. I think it will be worth at least one more visit, although I have hunted it hard over the last ten years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread