First hand Cache stories?

K

Kentucky Kache

Has anyone ever been given a treasure lead first hand? I mean by the person who hid it. I don't expect you to give out your story...just wondering if anyone had such a lead. I have one. It was given to me by a guy who didn't know I was a treasure hunter. If you knew the story you would understand why/how he came to tell me, but I'm sure you understand why I can't tell it. I wouldn't dig up the cache as long as the guy is alive, but it's pretty neat having such a lead. Sometimes it seems like treasure leads are looking for you.

Anyone else?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only cache I found was hidden in the closet of the home I purchased and found while I was pulling out the carpeting. A 1/2 roll of silver dollars, mostly piece dollars but a few morgans, a 1/2 roll of JFK 50 cent pieces, and a full roll of silver quarters.

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes , though i cannot tell the story.it was told to me by the grand daughter of the person who hid the cache

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent Luv: I like to see people honoring a confidence. I make a special effort to do this, which is why I have so many treasure stories, among others. They have learned to trust me.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
There is a guy who is pretty young where I am from (40s) who has thousands buried in his yard. He's affiliated with my best friend, and also, kind of his brother in law. The guy is pretty crazy, so I wouldn't go digging around in his yard, but lots of people know about it. He is the brother of the last mayor of my home town. The only reason I give this much info, is because I have moved a few times, and you don't know my real name, etc. al.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep.

Only problems with recovery is, that of the 2 places the cache should be, one house was razed before I could get to it. Once I found out the guy died, I made a trip to the place and there was nothing but a huge pile of rubble. If it was in the basement..it's under 10 feet of crap now.

The other place it may have been was bought out by a couple brothers and they turned half the property into a trailer park and the other will not let anyone on his property. >:( Maybe if it has changed owners over the years... ??? Just gotta figure out where the chicken coop was.

A trunk of silver dollars....depression area collection..hmmmmm.

My mother, her brother and cousin all had the same story, so I'm inclined to believe it's true. Her cousin even bought a metal detector to hunt for it...never got a chance.

The guy on the right was the one that burried it, supposedly on this farm.

Al

Attachments

• scan0027.jpg
    scan0027.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 8,296

Robin

Apr 21, 2008
Well I know of one cache that still might be there.
How do I know where one is ?
Im the guy who buried it some 50 years ago.
Its in Menlo Park, Ca.
Theres also some baseball cards there to but are most likey
rotted.
But the coins are still good some dimes All silver and wheaty pennies.

So if I ever get there I'll have to make a deal and get permission to dig it, IF its still there by that big old tree in the back yard ! Thats all I can say for now !

LOL ! Robin

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

Robin said:
Well I know of one cache that still might be there.
How do I know where one is ?
Im the guy who buried it some 50 years ago.
Its in Menlo Park, Ca.
Theres also some baseball cards there to but are most likey
rotted.
But the coins are still good some dimes All silver and wheaty pennies.

So if I ever get there I'll have to make a deal and get permission to dig it, IF its still there by that big old tree in the back yard ! Thats all I can say for now !

LOL ! Robin

Now everyone here has a first hand cache story. All we have to do is find out where Robin lived as a child and then locate that big old tree in the back yard. ;D

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
My luck. Tree will be gone. Large shopping center built over old house site. :'(

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now a very old man, who as a young man (early 1930s), along with one other guy robbed a payroll near Bishop. Running from the law, they split up with my guy carrying the loot.

He ran up a narrow canyon, and hid the lock box under the edge of a huge boulder, about 2 feet deep. His partner was shot and killed. He was caught, and went to jail for several years. He tried to retrace his steps many times. He remembers the canyon, but could never find the exact spot. He has no relatives, and told the story to me and a friend.

We looked once, and moved many rocks from the bases of many large boulders. No luck. Supposedly about $2500 face value gold and silver coin. One day.

We figure earthquakes have moved those rocks around.

Best-Mike

SnakeEater

Oct 22, 2008
So Calif.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Pulse Star 2, "Cachefinder" LRL, GPL
gollum said:
We looked once, and moved many rocks from the bases of many large boulders. No luck. Supposedly about $2500 face value gold and silver coin. One day.

Mike, I live in Long Beach and might be open to helping you with this one. Email me if you're interested in talking about it.

Glenn

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Gollum, I can help. Tell me all the details GPS numbers, and I will look for the cache for you. IF you never hear from me again, you will know that I did not find it. ;D :thumbsup:

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
gollum said:
Now a very old man, who as a young man (early 1930s), along with one other guy robbed a payroll near Bishop. Running from the law, they split up with my guy carrying the loot.

He ran up a narrow canyon, and hid the lock box under the edge of a huge boulder, about 2 feet deep. His partner was shot and killed. He was caught, and went to jail for several years. He tried to retrace his steps many times. He remembers the canyon, but could never find the exact spot. He has no relatives, and told the story to me and a friend.

We figure earthquakes have moved those rocks around.

Best-Mike

I'll be there in April if you need help. I will be looking in several other places as well.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure if this fits in to the topic -
I bought an old house 15 yrs ago and updated it big time
In many of the walls, I placed coins and bills in the walls
Did it for my pleasure knowing I had hidden them and the pleasure knowing some day when a new owner might find them many years later.
Old bills, Morgen's and modern day eagles.
Call me a nut case but I think its fun knowing what i have buried behind the walls.
were not talking big money, but the thrill of knowing some day I or the new owners will be intrigued buy the find.
BradyBoy

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

bradyboy said:
your thoughts on my post?
brady

I think it's a good idea. Regardless of why they were hidden, if no one ever hid them there would be no caches to look for today.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its fun knowing I did it
Its fun knowing that some day someone will get very excited on the find and wonder if theres more, which there is
Potential treasure hunt
I guess you could say I'm leaving a little something behind based on my hobby
Brady

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
I've hidden cashes of different sorts in walls and such when working for construction outfits. I started doing it many years back in N Utah. I usually leave a note and a small bottle of booze or beer. Sometimes I write in the border of a $5 bill to use it for fun or pleasure. Went through a phase were I'd type an official looking letter based on the unremovable mattress tags and you'd be "contacted" if you didn't put it back. Once buried a decorative octagonal tin, inside was a long spring from a corner shower shelve pole gizmo, put a doll head on it so when the can was opened it would jack in the box jump out about 12", note looked like a neck tie that read " Boo". The caches of value are a story for Me and My Widow only.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions