Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Blackbeard's treasure

In have also heard that BB may have hide loot in Bath NC since he knew the area and lived there a couple of years.

old gringo

Jul 19, 2005

two old black cook pots of coins was once found on the west end of Indian Island in the Pamlico River just up river from Bath Creek. Tiz a true story.......

OP
OP
StickShift

StickShift

Dec 1, 2005
USA

Quarter!!! Quarter!!! me maty :o :o :o just give us a clue.....
SS

old gringo

Jul 19, 2005

old gringo said:
two old black cook pots of coins was once found on the west end of Indian Island in the Pamlico River just up river from Bath Creek. Tiz a true story.......

The pots were moved to the south shore just up from Aurora and hidden under a tree near the water. Alas a storm came and the two fellows could not relocate the now lost treasure.................

old gringo

Jul 19, 2005

Now laddies, do you know about the golden statue in the brine water near Bath that lies near the rusting cannon.

Another diver and I spent the day 10 or so years ago before I got the right tools searching the dark waters for it.? found old bricks and shoe buckles? but not the treasure we were seeking. Some day I might justl return to see if I can recove some of Blackbeards treasure from it's watery grave.

OP
OP
StickShift

StickShift

Dec 1, 2005
USA

AAhr Maty Gringo my friend, why de pots reburied and not so removed when first recovered from de briny deep??? so adventure to be so lost.......and de golden statue to be so lost.....Glad to hear of you
so very intellisting adventure, I would love to be there with you laddie in your new adventure, love to be with you, laddie sounds very good, very nice aarg,
Very intellesting me laddie Velly Intellisting.? 8)
SS

old gringo

Jul 19, 2005

StickShift said:
AAhr Maty Gringo my friend, why de pots reburied and not so removed when first recovered from de briny deep??? so adventure to be so lost.......and de golden statue to be so lost.....Glad to hear of you
so very intellisting adventure, I would love to be there with you laddie in your new adventure, love to be with you, laddie sounds very good, very nice aarg,
Very intellesting me laddie Velly Intellisting.?? 8)
SS

Tiz the story that has been handed down in the area of my youth. There is always some taste of truth to the legends. Story goes they dipped into it some before the storm came along but did not want any one to know about the poor locals having the large quantity of coins.

birman I hope your appetite is wet now. I'll see if I can remember more of the stories of the Pamlico. Like the French Ship Blackbeard took carring Spices, cocoa etc. He tried to hide her from the after bring her in to Bath by taking her up the river and bruning her to the water line. There may be a few small trinkets left in her rotting hull if you know where to look.

old gringo

Jul 19, 2005

birdman, if you truly want to know about the coastal area you have found. find the books by my old friend the late Honorable Charles Harry Whedbee. There is always some Truth in those long lost stories.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units

::)
That's all I have to say, for now.
Only a select few will understand, for now.
xXx

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box

It's believed that Blackbeard buried his big treasure in Mona Island located between Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. He owned a cave where only you're able to access only during one day per year, when the days are equal to the nights. I know personally a cave in Mona island which that only you can access during that day. Only for boat.

:icon_thumright:

Attachments

• Acantilado.jpg
    Acantilado.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 642
  • Picture_046.jpg
    Picture_046.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 624
  • 4480.jpg
    4480.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 636

floodcitykid

Nov 3, 2008
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug

It's been said that Blackbeard had 15 wives...AND he was fond of orgies with lots of young women on the beach.

Personally, I'd check out the sites where those 15 wives were.

In My experience, Women always get the money.... :wink:

Also, some of those Islands in the Chesapeake especially Maryland are occupied by a strange lot of folk, I would be careful about poking around, if a treasure has been found by the "watermen" you can bet they's keep thier mouths shut about it. Just friendly advise. Anyway good luck.

The Flood City Kid

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Did any of you found any of Blackbeard treasures? I live in Bridgeport Connecticut and seeking stories on treasures in my state.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If i'm not mistaken Finderskeepersusa has a story on their website!

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound

15 Wives, How did the OldBoy have the strength to go Pirating??? :dontknow:

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box

Also, I knew Blackbeard was an actor because I saw him in the last chapter of "Pirates of the Caribbean- part 4"

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blackbeard went out seeking treasures, to get a rest, from his many wives. I am wondering if any of them got any of his treasure. [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread