IS THIS TRUE !?

MoonWalkThePlank

Oct 10, 2009
Rogers, Arkansas
Hey guys found this on some treasure hunting website. I don't know if it is true or not. See what you think.

"The reason why it is much easier to locate ghost towns on State Land is because we know that a previous landowner, or perhaps more than one, had originally owned the land.

Remember, the State had taken the property from the landowner because of his failure to pay the property taxes.

Many of these landowners were large farms.

When you find State land, always remember there must be at least a cellar hole in the area, because someone at one time owned that property".

TURNMASTER

Oct 13, 2009
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705, Explorer SE, & At Pro
Not neccessarily, and you may find a celler hole in a lot of locations I would think.

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alot of the state land up here in ny isent taked over by the state for that reason its bought mostly or given and there are a lot of cellar holes up here that are promising that im going to check out in the spring once the thaw hits

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
If the state took the land for taxes, then they probably had no money to hide!
Rich

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is true treasure finder lol

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
land taken for taxes is usually sold at auction

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
Treasure finder said:
If the state took the land for taxes, then they probably had no money to hide!
Rich
When I was 20 I was looking at a house the lady wanted 10k for it great deal but I had no stroke.. She owned about 5 houses that were handed down to her. The 10 k was to pay for the taxes for the other houses. I decided against the deal since I really had no clue what to do with a home with a hole in the roof large enough to sail a boat through it.

The previous owner could have left the estate to the woman and the former owner could have easily been one that hid money for buying property. We are talking about southern MS prior to gaming.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread