Team up

K

Kentucky Kache

Is it just me, or is there more interest in caches lately? If so, it's good to see treasure hunters come to their senses. ;D

I'd like to bring something to your attention. If you have a good lead that's in another state (or area) and you'll never get the chance to go look for it, why not find someone on here from that area that you can team up with. Your lead...their leg work. I have actually done this and it didn't work out, so let me caution you that you need to find someone you can trust. But I'm ready to try again...nothing ventured, nothing gained. Also make sure your lead is good...something you have reason to believe in. I know the hesitation of giving out your best leads to other hunters, but if you're never gonna be able to search for it anyway, why not take a stab at partnering up on one.
If you're a cache hunter and I believe you're honest, you might be hearing from me.

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you come across anything in Alabama, just let me know. A percentage of something is whole lot better than all of nothing.

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you have a good lead for me?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Southern Wisconsin here.

I'm a land surveyor and experienced researcher, especially for land records, and like to hang around historical societies (I know most of the staffs of the ones in this region).

I interview people well, and I "listen" to verbal and non-verbal stories well. I read people well, and can visualize scenarios.

I like to think I'm honest, and can provide references.

I don't have a lot of spare time, and so have to prioritize it. I can't waste it, so no hoaxes please.

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

Thanks for the responses. I'll keep you guys in mind. If I share anything with anyone, it will be something I really believe in. I don't have too many of those, but they do come along every once in a while.

Shiloh1

Mar 9, 2009
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find that a combination of a researcher and a cache hunter is the best way to go. It covers the bases for both. Count me in for the pacific northwest.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have never hunted cache's. But the last response makes sense to me. I do relic hunting.....a hundred hours or more put in to the books before the detector hits the ground. Been searching since 1982...I investigate areas prior to detecting....Just my thoughts on increasing the chance of success.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in southern Ohio and have had a secret clearance with Lockheed Martin if that helps. Been doing this for a year now and having a blast! Will sign a nondisclosure form if that helps. Would be glad to follow up on any leads from any serious forum people for Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky ....but I already have Terrry's Atlas so someone needs more info than is published there on a particular site. Will split 50/50 if land owner. Otherwise 50/50 after the landowners cut if needed which can be up to 50/50.
This may sound like a small cut for each but for my 1/4 its better than 1/4 of nothing! Today with gold over a grand an ounce even a small cache can sometimes bring hundreds of thousands!
PM me anytime!

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Panhandle of Texas here. I'd be willing to split 50/50. The experience alone would be amazing. Even if nothing came from it. After watching that Jesse James show on the history channel, finding a cache is all I can think about. (Except I wouldn't rub and scratch the crap out of stuff that I found.)

Good luck to ya! :icon_thumright:

TG

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Put me in the mix if you don't mind and I'll see what leads I might have for you too!

tractorboy30

Oct 4, 2009
Ontario
Well if ya have anything acrost the pond count me in I would split 50/50 or if on privite land 50of them and 1/4 / 1/4 split any how im in if ya want to thanks
Frank

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
NE ohio here, i like the idea,count me in
ive only found one cache, and wasnt looking for a cache
i lived in fla, at the time, and had just started MDing,in the 70s
and had a chance to look on some land that was in ala.
the folks had owned for 200 yrs, there was an old well
i searched around it, at about 20-25 ft out, on the E. and W.
points was some, old 1860s and 70s, and some 1900-1910
coins, about 30-40, coins in each hole, they werent worth much
see pic red box is sorta what it looked like, with a hand pump

Attachments

• well cache.jpg
    well cache.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 702
  • well cache.jpg
    well cache.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 700

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to the forum and just getting back into treasure hunting after 25 years out of it. Have time and resources to invest in hunting for caches and like many have said the thrill of the hunt is the biggest part of the payoff. Looking to work with serious researchers and hunters of treasure.

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

TheRandyMan said:
New to the forum and just getting back into treasure hunting after 25 years out of it. Have time and resources to invest in hunting for caches and like many have said the thrill of the hunt is the biggest part of the payoff. Looking to work with serious researchers and hunters of treasure.

Where do you live? You can PM me if you don't want your location known.

zenman

Jul 15, 2010
Palm Beach County Florida
Detector(s) used
IconData unit

Aquapulse AQ1B, TM-808 W/ Cave. Garrett Infinium LS, JW Fisher Pulse 8x, JW Fisher Diver Mag 1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in southern florida, actually researching the one in the forum about the missing payroll gold. I came across a story where some family was out in the everglades and they came upon what the believed was an old army campsite about a month after I saw that in the forum. ya never know.....

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very true, you never know. Best of luck to all of you. I live in Bridgeport Connecticut and all the snow is gone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread