Anyone have access to "jesse james was one of his names" to help id cache in MO?

treasureman1414

Dec 14, 2010
black hills
Detector(s) used
whites coin shooter and my fav the quick draw 2 bounty hunter
Re: Anyone have access to "jesse james was one of his names" to help id cache in MO?

Ground0 said:
I have been investigating signs and symbols found on trees and limestone structures in mid-Missouri. My research leads me to believe that these indicate a probable KGC template/depository. My father had a copy of "Jesse James was one of his names," and I seem to recall that one of the named treasures was something like "The skull treasure" or "skull and bones treasure." If anyone has access to the book and could satisfy my curiosity, I would be most appreciative. Thank you in advance!
i to think ur on to somthing my great grandma used to hav a copy but it is long gone now but good luck with it

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Anyone have access to "jesse james was one of his names" to help id cache in MO?

So you will know what one looks like. I took this in the field back in August. It was not what I was looking for, but it caught my eye, and the area is not known for any connection whatsoever to the James boys. But still a cool thing for speculation.

Attachments

• doublej.jpg
    doublej.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 4,876
  • doublej.jpg
    doublej.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 1,140

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

::) ::)

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why in the world would one get on TV and say HERE IT IS!
Reasons not to blab!
1. IRS
2. State Govt.
3. everyone and his uncle will be there with shovels
4. signs(treasure) gets screwed up

Franklin said:
That is not a JJ for Jesse James. That is an anchor symbol meaning stop and go the opposite direction. I can not believe all of this Jesse James yarn. Bob Brewer has everyone amazed in his books by telling of outrageously huge huge treasures that never did and never will exist. Research, Research and more research will find treasures for you, not Bob Brewer. If you will check with local coin dealers and antique dealers in his vicinity you will find he purchases a lot of coins and old fruit jars.

Now Bob Brewer has the balls to come to my area with the History Channel and tell the whole world about the Confederate Treasury of which Bob Brewer knows absolutely nothing about. The History Channel tonight at 10:00 EST will air "Brad Meltzer's Decoded about the Confederate Treasury in Danville Virginia. I have a treasure trove claim on this treasure and it's location. The City of Danville would not let me take metal detectors or any gpr or resistivity meters onto city property where this treasure is located, if and which they have let Bob Brewer and the History Channel of which Brad Meltzer's Decoded group onto this property and tell the whole world where my treasure is located, I have a feeling the City of Danville, Brad Meltzer, his group and more than likely Bob Brewer the great Steeler Treasure Hunter are all going to be sued big time.

I saw a preview of the show and I know where the man is with the metal detector. It is at another suspected site which is near South Boston, Virginia.

I know the treasure is in Danville. Here is pictures of a few of the coins I have found.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You're right Franklin, that is an anchor. I mentioned the area has no known connection to the James Boys. I have no idea what it indicates in the area I found it; there's lots of markings around there. This was not what I was lookin for, but I wanted a pic of it, since I've seen it represented in books. I watched that program, but wasn't real impressed. I had some questions about a couple of things that probably won't get answered. If you got somethin goin on there, I spect once they're finished with their TV thing none of them will be back. So hang in there and keep after it.

H

Hardscrabble

To SWR and all those who criticize SWR...

Yes, SWR often throws water on the fire, puts panties in a bunches, etc., etc. But, voices of truth and logic are needed at TNet. I enjoy a good treasure yarn as much as the next guy - as a kid I thrived on them. Such stories have a place. Today though, when I read a treasure story, I view things from a different perspective.

I have a friend who has a friend that has found several caches over the years. Most small, only a few hundred dollars or less. Others larger, several thousands or more. Some were discovered through basic research, intuition, and luck. Others required a great more time and energy. All had "stories" attached to them. Stories are important.

These days, my "treasure stories" are found in time faded letters, receipts, pictures, journal entries, reports, and so on. Each of them tells a story. Threaded together they make novels. And, even when they didn't ultimately don't lead to treasure they became an informative and fun read. How often can you walk away from the graves of people dead for over a century and feel as if you've known them personally?

My point? Wishful or romantic thinking does not equal treasure. A story may not constitute truth. However, a story can be a beginning and also an end with coin in pocket. The romance of treasure hunting becomes alive, genuine when we deal in facts. I think that is what SWR is saying.

quasifun

Greenie
Jan 30, 2007
Mead OK
I reailze this is an old thread but the fort on a hill caught my attention. I live outside Durant OK and know of two and possibly three old forts in the area. One is located near Denison TX 20 miles away. The other is on my friends property. They found cannon balls when they were digging his foundation. This one is on a hill. What they call "the Old Fort Road" runs thru the property and I have walked a few miles down it.
I would like a little info one the fort on a hill treasure as I have never heard it before.
Anyone for a continued disscussion?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread