Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois Cache Hunters Southern Indiana

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
I am in the far eastern part of Kentucky which may be to far for you. My pet project is the John Swift silver mines,but if I here of anything good in western Kentucky I will keep you in mind. Good luck.

OP
OP
B

bamacole

snake35,
I have no objections to traveling. Things around here are pretty well hunted out it seems. Are you having some luck aroung the mines? Thanks for the reply.

bamacole

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
No luck on the mines, but they are lots of old abandoned mining towns and historical things to search for. Let me know your schedule. I am doing research on the area and if anything promising comes up I will email you.

grogmug

Apr 26, 2006
Kentucky
SNAKE if you find anything let me know to man...I live in Louisville....don't know much about the mines..but just started detecting with my ace250. appreciate it man
JT

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Snake..I have been looking for the Swift mines/treasure for years and love the hills/streams in the area around Grayson where we have been searching...want to compare notes? Have you been to the Legends section here on tnet? One of the areas is the JS and There are a couple hundred posts there(guys like the Frontersman, Swizard, Ki, etc., we even had a meeting of the minds twice to discuss some ideas..I located a huge vien of silver right on the Grayson Resivor Dam, it runs sway from the dam for 1/2 mile and is about 30 feet wide. It may have been one of Swifts mine but we don't think so. I have also found 6 indian silver mines near Newfoundland. let me know if you are interested..if not good luck anyway hope you find a million dollars(quote from the late Michael Paul Henson).

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a map in an old book in a storage unit I bought at an auction its hand drawn and is writted in old style writing at the bottom it states map to mine number 2 Johnathen swift

K

Kentucky Kache

Anyone in this area that knows of cache's and is looking for a searching partner, let me know...lets work together and share our finds.
Thanks

I don't know if you're still around, but if you are, give me a PM. There are tons of treasure leads in these three states. Some of them are good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread