Need some advice...

Treasure Seeker

Sep 7, 2005
Appleton, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering what type of electronic equipment would be best suited for finding bags of gold coins in say 1' to 2' (maybe 3') of soil.

The cache I am looking for has possibly 4 bags -- each about 500 Cubic Inches. Not sure if they were all burried in one spot, but I'm guessing they probably were.

I have a detector (Garrett GTI-2500) with an 8" and 12" coin -- but I'm guessing a cache this size might be better found covering a wider area since it's a larger mass.

Are there any devices that can scan a very wide area, very deep?

TS

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep you can get with a two box system for your Garrett. It will easy go over 3 feet on objects like four money bags. As for wide, only about two feet. It's not easy, you still have to work for it. Good Luck.

Sandman

OP
OP
T

Treasure Seeker

Sep 7, 2005
Appleton, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the two-box system sold by Garrett? or a third-party add-on?

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Garrett makes his own!
He, also makes several different kinds, of "D.S'ers" & they are, very good deep seekers !
But!
As with everything, you must learn how to use them!
Get lots of practice!
I have found a "rusty bed spring" at two feet!
Don't ask what it was doing at two feet ?????
I thought, from the signal, that I had found a good one ("find")!
'til I dug it up!
I'd call them up on the "Hot Line" and as them their opinion on what they suggest for your Site!
Just Remember, that price here isn't the OBJECT!
If you find this cache, the price of a good detector, the one that you find it with, is going to be "pennies" compared to the value of the "Find"!

OP
OP
T

Treasure Seeker

Sep 7, 2005
Appleton, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice cptbil.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you already have the GTI2500, order the 2 box adapter kit for it, called the Treasurehound depth multilier. It isn't too expensive, given that you already have the detector, and you can simply hook it up and go. Easily double or triple depth for larger targets, while ignoring smaller targets.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasurekidd
Since you already have the GTI2500, order the 2 box adapter kit for it, called the Treasurehound depth multilier. It isn't too expensive, given that you already have the detector, and you can simply hook it up and go. Easily double or triple depth for larger targets, while ignoring smaller targets.

True, for this project it should be sufficient.

Tropical Tramp

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Treasure Seeker,
I'm a little late chiming in here, but I agree with cptbil. I have the older Garrett(Master Hunter CXII) with the TreasureHound. I have found a car bumper at just over four feet, a rusted out washtub at more than three feet, and a metal fence post at about three feet. The sucker weighs a LOT and is very awkward, but it goes deep. As with all Garrett machines, it's accurate as can be and very rugged.

grizzly bare
Jim Johnson

europe

Greenie
Jun 16, 2006
How deep did you find the treasures with Garrett(Master Hunter CXII) or garrett gti 2500(with eagle eye)?
I am new at catche hunting and d like to buy one of those?Whats your oppinion about buying it?
I need it for deeply buried objects. What do you think is the best metal detector on the market for finding treasure?
I will be very glad to help me.
Sory for bad english

Regards from Europe

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
europe,
there is no one "best" machine for all applications. I would be comfortable in Virginia, USA using my CX II in all conditions. The same cannot be said for all states or all conditions. If you are looking for a deep detecting machine, you may want to check out a Pulse AR-3. They are fairly expensive but work in a variety of situations. Are they more rugged than a Garrett? No. Do they go deeper? Yes.
Your best bet may be to go to Metal Detector Reviews and see what is working for other people. Ask some folks in your area about mineralization and what works best there.

Good luck and Great Wealth

grizzly bare

Jim Johnson

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread