Misplaced Question!

G

giterdone

Hi Cach Hunters, I placed a question in "Geophysics" but apparently I was in the wrong area. What would you do if you already knew the location of a tunnel entrance and had good reason to believe there might be a substantial cache in there and you also believed there to be for sure danger in attempting an entry into the original entrance. I had thought to get advice on what type of geophysical equipment to use in determining tunnel(s) length and direction(s) and maybe also get a reading of possible metallic target(s) in hopes of possibly digging in somewhere else. I have no knowledge or prior experience with such devices. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on brand names of GPR or Magnetic Imaging. I have looked at some called "Future" but would like some unbiased opinions. Thanks. Giterdone

ps. Extreme terrain, lots of trees, sandstone, shale, red clay.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SORRY can't help with your question, however your other post is under RESERCH/TECHNIQUES/GEOPHYSICS

taylor

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2004
Hi,
Saw a nature programme where the presenter was looking for crocodiles in holes or tunnels, some of these were at least 20ft deep.
She used a Toy remote control tank with a small camera and light attached it gave her a perfect view of the inside, which she could explore with safety.

taylor.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
If the cache is in a Spanish Tunnel..Etc..
There is always a way to get in and around the? ?:P "traps" !
If it is in other than a "Spanish Cache"!
Remember, the guys who placed it there, had expectations of coming back!
Even, GPR won't show you what and/or how the traps are set up, if any!
What and where is this?
? :-*? I mean!
Is It Spanish ?
Or ?
What STATE,
WHAT is the area like ?
How extensive is the tunnel..
What info do you have...
Are you looking for? ?HELP?? ?to dig or just opinions?
? ::)? Hint: ? ?::)
There is this guy,? "cptbil" , who travels all around...
He is pretty well equipted for digging....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread