3-rocks beach treasure

O

Orien

I have been looking into a local treasure tale. But i am not finding hardly anything on it. Everything i can find says that there is a treasure chest buried somewhere and thats it.
the tale is of a treasure at 3 rocks beach, at the mouth of the salmon river on the oregon coast. this area is also called cascade head. If anyone could help offer anysources of info on this tale I would be greatly appritiative. I have a few ideas about the where abouts of the treasure but i need some more details before i can put the puzzle pieces together

please email me if you have run across anything that might aid the search.
chris
[email protected]

OP
OP
O

Orien

boomer,
thank you for the article it was a good read. The treasure in the article was actually the neahkahnie mountian treasure. The one i am looking into is actually about 100 miles south of that one. I have found a stone with some markings similar to one of the stones at the neakahnie site(I need to go back and make sure that i am not dreaming). But i am only really able to find one story of a treasure down in this area. In 1936 a gentleman was excavating down by the river and found that acient skeletons of a "white man and a huge Negro, who was over eight feet tall".

Thank you for everything,
(hope to here more)
Chris

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
3 rocks

i'll work on it, i have several note books on the north coast, that i need to go back into. remember this, that some treasure stories may be connected. hope i can have somrthing else by the end of the week. boomer

OP
OP
O

Orien

thank you. I will tell you if i come across anything else.
chris

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
Know about this one. Have been looking for years. bones and parts of ship sent to OSU. Then was lost or missplaced. I heard of a gold coin in the general area. Got an idea but would need equipment..

OP
OP
O

Orien

Elkman13,

Are you from the coastal area?
Chris

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
No Beaverton. There have been some articals published in the paper. For $5 or a Tri county county library card you can go to the Oregon Historical Building, get in to the record Dept. Start looking. Have done so and disproved some of the treasure stuff in Oregon. Did the same in Nevada.

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
This may be of help! I was in Merchant Marines Yrs. back, and talked to an old salt from Oregon. He told me what he found on a creek running North and South as he was in a wooded area. He ( I forget his name) found a moss covered rock or bolder he was sitting on and nocked some of the moss off, were he discoverd a cutting on the rock. He later went back to rock and chiseled off mark! He could never understand carving but drew it out for me. As thus=( Draw an X on paper-Then both sides and top put a dot- At bottom put an up and down line with a dot on eather side. - Then at bottom of this put an arrow pointing left. - Then at left of all this put an arrow point up.) There you have what was on a bolder if you find one on your search chiseled up? He of course wouldn't tell me were this mark was located. But he told me there was legend of a treasure in the area, And I alway gave though to the Bees' wax wreck or what your working on. Isent this to a fellow years ago, and he said I was all wet as all streams run E. and W. Remember he told me a CREEK! This mark is likely not known till now. Good luck in your search. The Monk 8)

Badbaja

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reviving a old thread. I found the creek that runs north to south just above cascade head. Anyone have any more info on this possible treasure? Feel free to email [email protected].

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread