CACHE STORY**TRADING POST 1600s

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
CACHE STORY**TRADING POST 1600's

Remember when there were real cache stories here That followed a hunt? Well here is one. It is about to start as the weather clears. The site is an old trading post that was later a small fort. There were actually 2 trading posts run by this person. His posts were illegal as he didn't own the land. A battle flared up and he lost. He was exiled back to England, never to return. Most history books only show one of his posts, and that location is now developed. I have located ,what I believe is his other location on an island. Since this was the remote post, I suspect that he never got a chance to return to collect his 'goods' there.
I am presently looking for transportation to the island. I will continue once the hunt starts the boots on ground segment. Frank...
tree rock.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well I have located, on paper, a trading post and fort on an island in the Susquehanna Below Conowingo Dam. I am looking for a partner with a boat to access the island. The operators of the trading post were evicted by the military because they didn't have title to the land. This is a 1600's location. There is a possibility of a cache there. Any one interested? Frank...
PS:This is a Maryland location near Havre de Grace.

tree rock.jpg

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start of a great cache story, Frank. I will be waiting for the next installment. Good luck.

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Awesome Frank-too bad you're so far away! What about renting a boat? Just for the recon part?

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I wish Poorhunter could be along to help with this one . Sounds very interesting .

Me too! Good partners are hard to find. On my last cache story about the Pirate house someone on here contacted the location and tried to "claim jump". He told the owner about the post and it got locked down. Frank...

SCOTLAND-IRELAND 001_edited-2.jpg Only the good die young!

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the crafts to motor in but lack proximity or would be wanting in on the search.I too would that a certain pool player was there on the hunt.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I have the crafts to motor in but lack proximity or would be wanting in on the search.I too would that a certain pool player was there on the hunt.

Yep, when we talked about that cache he offered to take 1/3. I refused. He was one of the good guys. I only actually met him once for a boots on ground run. He was taken suddenly. Frank
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, I have an eye operation lined up near the end of this month and 2 caches after that, the trading post and a payroll chest buried at a stage stop . Can't wait. Frank...-
111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
This eye operation is lingering longer than I thought. The new lense has been installed, but the pressure in the eye is still a problem. Going back tomorrow to have a needle inserted in it. Hope they have a sound proof room. lol Frank...- 111-2 de Vinci.jpg

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I know what you're going thru. My wife has had 3 eye surgeries and she said the worst part was when the prop your eye lids open and give you a shot. She said there's no way to block out seeing them insert that needle.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I know what you're going thru. My wife has had 3 eye surgeries and she said the worst part was when the prop your eye lids open and give you a shot. She said there's no way to block out seeing them insert that needle.

I talked the anesthesiologist into putting me under before they started. Frank...-

S

stefen

Me too! Good partners are hard to find. On my last cache story about the Pirate house someone on here contacted the location and tried to "claim jump". He told the owner about the post and it got locked down. Frank...

View attachment 957883 Only the good die young!

Obviously, there is a lesson-learned by giving out too much information...

Might be better to have discussions direct by PM (out of public scrutany)...

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Obviously, there is a lesson-learned by giving out too much information...

Might be better to have discussions direct by PM (out of public scrutany)...

You make a good point. I was running a thread to help educate the new guys on the process of cache hunting.
I guess it worked to well. I was posting info as I turned it up and someone decided to cash in on it before I did. He pissed off the land owner so bad he contacted T Net to pull the thread. There was nothing illegal or in violation of T net rules but I knew it was over then and pulled the thread. The claim Jumper got nothing. The property owner got a tractor with a backhoe. lol Frank...- five star.png

PS: I give out a lot of info helping others. Hay, I don't have enough time to find it all. lol
Slow Go-1_edited-1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread